African American Weddings

Who's in school?

I'm working on my MBA and at one point didn't want to get married until I had finished, but I'm not slated to finish until next Dec so of course I put that out the window. How do you balance?

I am so excited that for the class I'm in now (which ends tomorrow) I only have my Final Exam (10 essay questions :/) due and then I have a break for the weekend and on to my Marketing Mgmt class.

What are you studying?

Somehow I manage between working FT, being a mom of 2, and Baseball Team Mom, oh yea and having a Fiance. LOL :)
image180 Made the cut!
image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
image 7 Found something else to do
image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image

Re: Who's in school?

• Getting a Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Special Education.  I'll be graduating May 2013.  I don't know how I'm balancing, buying a house, full time job, being a grad student, planning a wedding, and having a FI.  It's gotta be God, I'm sure of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • <--- studying clinical psychology.

<--- just sent one professor an email with a lie b/c my assignment is late... why? I forgot b/c I'm doing so much wedding related stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • edited March 2012
    LOL @ Soon2BSands.

I'm getting my MBA also. Finishing in December! There were only like 2 possible weekends in the spring that I could even have a wedding and honeymoon due to my Saturday school schedule, so we booked over a year out!
  • I am getting a doctoral degree in Microbiology. I am beyond overwhelmed because I am finishing my fourth year and must start to wrap up my research, publish my findings, apply for jobs, mentor undergraduate students, lose weight, and plan for a wedding. I am excited about getting married, but honestly I can't wait to put the planning behind me so that I can really focus on graduating Undecided
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm getting a PhD in Public Admin :/ I don't want to do anything until I finish
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Hey I did that last semester too! Lol don't feel bad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I graduated last may 2011 with my MSHS (master of science in health sciences) and working on taking prereq to apply to a second master's program for PA (physician Assistant) and hoping to enter school in August 2013 right after the wedding. My advice is to take it day by day. I know that you are probably overwhelmed and feeling tired.. Trust me, working FT and school and balancing everything else in life is so hard, sometimes i feel like me and my FI eat dinner chat and i fall asleep on the couch every night. I feel so bad, but my little body be so tired. LOL.. Just do a little bit at a time and as it comes. Wedding planning is the focus of your life right now because you are excited, but honestly, i probably do wedding planning twice a week, and we do it together.. It's really hard doing it all. I have to take vitamin b12 to keep me energized... Just remember that the Lord won't put more on you than you can bare. and he will make a way... Just be focused on the important factors in your life and ask for help in the areas that you lack time for..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am studying for a BS in industrial distribution and logistics which thank God is online mostly at ECU. I am a little behind due to my surgery and chemo treatments, but my professors are working with me. I have four children, which two are in college, that helps me with the typing of my homework now that I am down for a moment. The only way I balance is try to do a little at a time and know what i don't get done with the wedding will get done in it's own time....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm currently getting my second bachelors but this time in nursing and I'm supposed to be starting my masters in August for midwifery. I am beyond overwhelmed but I took a break to get my life in order. Working out with my trainer helps a lot
    Future Mrs. Williams
  • I am studying to get my Masters in School Counseling. Hurry up December because that is when I am done! It's been a LONG 2 years. I am tired of working full time, being in school full time and planning a wedding. Thank God it is almost over!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just quit my full-time job to start working from home and eventually return to school to change careers entirely. I have a CPA (for over 16 years) and am planning to cater to small businesses who need bookkeeping services and QuickBooks setup and training. I'm also taking an undergraduate psychology class at a community college while I decide whether to pursue a masters in social work or counseling (marriage and family therapy). And FI and I have a kid each... It's hard to balance, and the thing that suffered was the decent-paying, but stressful as all get out job... I'm betting on the Lord and me to get this home-based business off the ground while I make this complete life change!!! 

Crazy, huh?
  • I too am overwhelmed ! Working full time, job hunting for a better position. Enrolled in a dual degree masters in nursing/MBA considering switching to msn/healthcare administration. Raising 4 children ages 14,9,2,1. Helping my FI prep his home for a tenant, move into my home and remodel my home. Oh did I mention we are getting married ohhhhh July 14, 2012. Yikes!!!! It's a lot but worth it we have it all ladies love family and career.
  • I'm in pharmacy school working on a 2nd degree. We originally planned to get married after graduation but that's not until 2014. 
    I'm excited for the summer to enjoy our big day!!
    It's actually whats keeping me focused during all the wedding planning so I wont have to take summer classes lol
  • mslively6mslively6 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    i'm currently working on my BA in English/African American Studies at *the* Howard University. i'll be graduating (officially walking) next May 2013 but i'll be finished with coursework either this summer or in December. (don't get me started ranting about HU and their transfer student antics :( ) i'm still debating getting my Masters since it's taken me so long to get to this point. i'm remaining prayerful that i have the strength to get through it when all i want to do is plan my wedding 24 hours a day! lol

i'm just excited to be able to say that i'll have my degree and my new last name within 2 months of each other :)

[url=http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.theknot.com/tickers/tt1015c5.aspx[/img][/url]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards