New Jersey

Question about make up

My question is....How is a bridal make up supposed to look like?

I had my trial this week but I am not very happy.  I was expecting so look beautiful, different.... since it was a professional doing my make up.
But the result was too plain to me.  I feel like I could do that make up myself.  Except that the airbrush make that make up look more natural.

Is the bridal make up supposed to make us look like we have no make up, or close to no make up?

Those pictures are from the maku up trial.

This last one I have some make up (but I dodnt have lipstick anymore), how I normally wear it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Question about make up

• uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um... there's no right answer.  That's kind of like asking what your dress should look like.  It is supposed to look how you want to look on your wedding day.  That can be dramatic or natural  or anywhere in between.  Pick based on your style.  It sounds like you want something a little more dramatic, so ask for that.  Maybe look through magazines to find brides or celebrities who are wearing makeup that is similar to how you want to look, and show them to the artist for help.  

A lot of girls go for the school of thought that the makeup should be heavier than what you like in real life so it looks good in the pictures (because your makeup won't show up as much in pictures as in real life).  I didn't do that because I don't like to wear a lot of makeup and I wouldn't have been happy looking at myself in the mirror on that day, and I wanted to base my wedding look on how I wanted to look in person.  So I went for much more natural makeup than what I've seen at a majority of the trials posted here, and was very happy with the results (even in the photos).  But it is all about your comfort zone and how you want to look.

• StefaniBelStefaniBel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a good answer.  Thank you.
    I think I need something that calls more attention to my eyes.  That's what I would like.  With a lighter color on my lips.  And this make up is the opposite.  No attention to the eyes with red lipstick.
    It is not the artist fault.  I  never told her what I wanted.  I just asked her to do what she thought what was best.  More natural because that's what I thought it should be.
    But you are right....  it is whatever make up us comfortable.  I was just afraid to have too much make up. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Uppereast.  I posted both of my trial looks, one was much more dramatic and looked better in photos and one was still more makeup than I usually wear, but felt more natural to me.  Most people that posted opinions liked the more dramatic look, but I couldn't see myself walking around like that all day.  I just didn't feel like me.  

I would try a more dramatic look in a trial and see how you feel, if you like the look and are comfortable with being more glamorous than the other trials, then go for it!  You should look the way you want to look on your wedding day, there is no "supposed to".
    Photobucket
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the face makeup looks really good. I agree with you... I think you should go more dramatic on your eyes and lighter on the lipstick.  Did she put lashes on you?
  • LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a pinker lipstick instead of a redish one?
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Sally Duvall! She's amazzzzing!!
    http://www.sally.xbuild.com/
    edited December 2011
    She did not put lashes on me because I said I didn't want them.  I think I was a little scared about it.  Sound silly... but now I regret.  I should have tried.  I see that I have no option but do a second make up trial, so then I will try lashes.
    Reilly,
    I dont think my bridesmaids with have the make up and hair done with me.  So I can't have this person you recommended.  But thank you for the suggestion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • erpooh15erpooh15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for the lashes... as much as I am not a big fan either I have had 3 friends recently get married and all had the same thoughts. We all had/are using the same make up artist and she convinced them to just try the lashes and they loved them. They were so surprised how great they looked and how natural they felt. Go for it. Let them try the lashes... it makes worlds of difference. Good luck..
    edited December 2011
    I was looking my friend's make up.  I want something like this.  May be with a lighter lip color.  But that's how I want the eyes.  Next time I will take the picture with me  : )

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Are you going to go to the same makeup artist for your second trial? 
    edited December 2011
    Probably. The hair the person who works with the make up artist was the way I wanted.  And the make up artist didn't anything wrong.  I was the one who said "Do whatever you think is best".
    Them when she was finished I saw it was not what I wanted.  If I told her at the beginning things would be different.  So it is my fault for not saying what I wanted, not hers for not doing a good job. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you decide I think your make up looked beautiful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    Was your trial with Jillyan?  I told her to give me a natural look and LOVED what she did to me!!!
    edited December 2011
    It was Jillyan.  She did a great job doing a natural make up.
    The problem is that I realized that I wanted something more dramatic after the trial.  I felt like I had almost no make up.  That's what many people like.  But I think it not what I want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards