Attire & Accessories Forum

Color crisis in April

I am new here, I did read FAQ and didn't see this question so I hope this isn't asked too often and I get burned for this. My fiance is not helpful with agreeing on the colors of our wedding. I have tried some but have found that either I don't like the colors or he won't photograph well in them. He doesn't see colors well anyways, but seems to think ivory is cream or that he's going to wear a cream suit, he may not know but he isn't he's wearing white or ivory. Anyway back on track I like the colors red,white/ivory and silver(more so platinum) as an accent he wants cream, blood red and silver. I should explain that my fiance is dark complexion and wearing cream and blood red will not look good on him in a dark setting. That being said and leaving out the long details of other color battles. Is April too early to say screw the extra colors and just do an all white affair?

Re: Color crisis in April

• Guess I'm no help because I don't know the difference between cream and ivory or red and "blood red."  

Have you guys looked at pictures together?
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_color-crisis-in-april?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:96f6f04e-9550-4813-a7d7-d146161b46c5Post:8b9c5c67-0471-49de-bbd0-2f4d7d534bd8">Re: Color crisis in April</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guess I'm no help because I don't know the difference between cream and ivory or red and "blood red."   Have you guys looked at pictures together?
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

<div>I guess I should have described mine too, when I say Ivory I mean like ever so slight difference from stark white, he says cream he means like linen, I say red I mean like an apple red he says blood red he means literally like when you see a vile of blood. I can't seem to get his attention span to last long enough to show him what it could look like. </div>
  • This might not be the response you're looking for, but if (1) your fiance is near-colorblind (that's what I get from "doesn't see colors well"); (2) there have been color battles and (3) you feel there is a color crisis ...

I'd like to offer this suggestion:  Go to a nice men's store (or nice department store with a great men's department) with your fiance.  Find the top salesperson.  Then, you sit back and quietly observe while your fiance asks him (or her) what would look best.  I cannot imagine you won't be pointed in the direction of a dark suit or tuxedo. Remember, you're not there to buy, you're there to have a pro teach you about men's attire.

Most men photograph very well with a dark suit and white shirt.  Pull the color into his attire with the boutonniere, his braces (if he wears them) and socks.  Classic with a pop or two of color looks great, is fun and will stand the test of time.

Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_color-crisis-in-april?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:96f6f04e-9550-4813-a7d7-d146161b46c5Post:0d1fefd5-169f-4d1b-babf-df4d87d7b948">Re: Color crisis in April</a>:
    [QUOTE]This might not be the response you're looking for, but if (1) your fiance is near- colorblind (that's what I get from "doesn't see colors well"); (2) there have been color battles and (3) you feel there is a color crisis ... I'd like to offer this suggestion:  Go to a nice men's store (or nice department store with a great men's department) with your fiance.  Find the top salesperson.  Then, you sit back and quietly observe while your fiance asks him (or her) what would look best.  I cannot imagine you won't be pointed in the direction of a dark suit or tuxedo. Remember, you're not there to buy, you're there to have a pro teach you about men's attire. Most men photograph very well with a dark suit and white shirt.  Pull the color into his attire with the boutonniere, his braces (if he wears them) and socks.  Classic with a pop or two of color looks great, is fun and will stand the test of time. Good luck!
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you all input is very helpful, I have been so flustered I didn't even think to take him to try out colors! Hey maybe even I will be surprised

</div>
  • There is a section on theknot.com that shows different real-wedding colors.  Maybe this will help?

http://www.theknot.com/weddings/photos/black-and-white
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards