Mississippi
Options

Mississippi Girls

Where are all my fellow Mississippi girls? Let's help each other out on here!! :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mississippi Girls

• Options
    vbs2010vbs2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm a southern miss gal!  Planning to get married in March.  How about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am in jackson. getting married august 3.
  • Options
    tdh123tdh123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in Jackson getting married April 30, 2011!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vbs2010vbs2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm right out of Hattiesburg.  Aug 3 is really close!  Are you ready?  I could imagine things are getting exciting!  What advice would you give us?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We finished up the favors tonight and the only other big project I have left is the programs. still lots of little details to follow up on but we are very excited.

we hired a wedding coordinator/director for this last month and it has been a huge help. she is taking care of coordinating with all the vendors and dealing with everything the day of so that my mom and I can just enjoy the day.

are you getting married in hattiesburg?
  • Options
    Mary0897Mary0897 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in March too!! I am super excited because I FINALLY picked my venue after many many months of stressing out over it.  Now it's just fun and details :)
  • Options
    vbs2010vbs2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married outside of Hattiesburg at our Church.  I'm happy I didn't have to stress over where to have it.  The wedding coordinator for the last month isn't a bad idea.  Do all the work prior to, but be stress free the day of! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey all! I'm a MS girl :) Jackson area, Brandon specifically. I'm getting married in March and JUST started planning.. no idea where to start!
  • Options
    vbs2010vbs2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mandy, I'm with you!  I feel like all the other girls getting married in March have it all planned and have everything ordered, etc.  Maybe I'm doing all that they are (save the dates and a seating chart at reception) but I feel like I'm still in the thinking part.  I know it will come quicker than I can imagine.  It is still 7.5 months away though and I haven't asked people to be in BP or gone dress shopping or anything!  I've joined this site and set a date.  Thats It!!!!  I feel behind because I'm still planning in my head. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mary0897Mary0897 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Mandy! I'm also a Brandon Bride... getting married March 18. I finally booked my venue which was the hardest part and now it's all the fun details! Good luck planning and have fun.
  • Options
    tdh123tdh123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is everyone getting married and where are the receptions? I am getting married at my church Raymond Road Baptist and the reception will be at The Red Barn! SO excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from the Coast, but getting married in NOLA! Dec. 11, 2010. I mainly post on that board...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Jackson!  I'm getting married at St. James Episcopal Church near the Fondren district.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm from Meridian but now I live in Jackson! Im getting married June 2011
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! It's nice to see another March 4th Bride!! I also live close to Hattiesburg!
  • Options
    tgaulden03tgaulden03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Southern Miss alumni, from wilkinson county.  I'm getting married September 10, 2011 (9-10-11).  I've set the date, looked at dresses, favor ideas and everything but have yet to actually decide on anything, especially the venue.  Hopefully I'll have my venue booked pretty soon so I can look forward to all the fun things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are so right Kirsten!!!  I got married in Puerto Rico I planned my big wedding but then I hired a Coordinator that provided me "Day of services". Since I wanted to enjoy my day and every single one of you should do so. Do not see your wedding planning as a pain in the neck instead enjoy it!!!

I am a Professional Certified Wedding Planner, however I am located in Long Beach, MS. I serve the following cities: Ocean Spring, Biloxi, Gulfport, Long Beach & Pass Christian. Even though I do not serve many of your areas I will be available to help you via email. Please do not hesitate to contact me at IslandGirlEventsLLC@gmail.com  or become a fan of my new facebook business page.

Happy planning!!!

Jessie
  • Options
    hollyfedhollyfed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm also getting married in March 2011 (5th) in Hattiesburg. Anyone know of a good DJ or band that is not super costly - it is a small venue so I don't need anything extravagant.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ya'll! I'm getting married in June. So far all I've got is my dress and venue. I need a planner some kind of awful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on the MS Gulf Coast July 2011! I have just started looking for venues and honeymoon ideas; Ladies, if you have any ideas let me know! The wedding will be less than 100 ppl.
  • Options
    Nikki414Nikki414 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another fellow Mississippi girl here and Southern Miss alumni! I live in Florida now, so I'm planning from a far, but I'm getting married in my hometown of VIcksburg in June 2011. The wedding is at Cedar Grove Mansion and the reception will be at the Vicksburg Convention Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards