Delaware
Options

Looking at venues this week...

Hello all!!! I am going to be looking at some venues around the area this week with my FI.  The places we are going to look at are The Crystal Center, Golden Apple Caterers, Waterfall Banquet and Conf. Center, and Executive Banquets.

If anyone has had any experience with any of these places or went to visit any of them I would really appreciate feedback. I am pretty excited and would love some words of advice. Thanks!!

Re: Looking at venues this week...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Executive, but I am biased because that's my venue ;)

My cousin got married at Waterfall. The food is good, and it's nice, except for a few things: they do more than one event at the same time, so you have to be careful it's not too loud (we had a birthday party at the same time, so it wasn't horrible).  Also, their ceremony site is okay, but not the greatest, and I would not recommend it for a summer/fall wedding- the mosquitos were HORRIBLE.

I have heard decent things about Crystal Center, at least for the price. 

Hope that helps; good luck and let us know how everything goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to an event at Waterfall, but I find it strange that they would put their prime picture spot 20 feet from Philadelphia Pike where there is almost always cars going by. 
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to several events at the Waterfall and the traffic hasn't been an issue at all.  However, I wasn't a huge fan of their buffet food.  Request a tasting..it could easily just be my experiences and taste.  The staff is fairly attentive.  I am leery of the parking at the Crystal Center. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, a number of things have happened since I posted this about a week ago. After making those appointments, I found out that the budget for my wedding went from an already tough $10,000 to an even more tight $5,000-$6,000. We ended up still going to the different venues and really, really like Executive. However, we realized that Waterfall and Executive are now out of our budget range and the Crystal Center just wasn't what we were looking for.

We are now back to square one in terms of figuring out how to make this wedding come together with our limited budget. I'm pretty bummed about it and am really racking my brain for ideas to have a beautiful wedding on a tight budget.

Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards