Second Weddings

How to list children in the program?

We are having fh's 8 yo daughter and my 6 & 8 yo sons stand up for us. My 6 year old is profoundly autistic. Not sure if he will make it through the whole ceremony but I think we are going to have the boys by me so if he wants to hold my hand he can, the his dd will be by him.

Should we list them simply as daughter of the groom....son of bride? Any other ideas? Can I call them groomsmen/ bridesmaid even though they will be on opposite sides?

Re: How to list children in the program?

• I would simply list all 3 of them as your children. They don't need titles.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_how-to-list-children-in-the-program?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:98335ad1-3299-4661-ad91-01462b8e9570Post:b71eab54-6914-467d-affd-eff43138287c">Re: How to list children in the program?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would simply list all 3 of them as your children. They don't need titles.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

That is perfect!  I love it when a simple answer is just what I was looking for
  • I was wondering about this too.
    Sue-N-Kevin ... that's such a good point.  Plus, anyone who is attending your wedding really should know by now the finer details on how the children came about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you want to list them as attendants, the boys could be bridesmen and the girl could be groomswoman.  It's not all that unusual these days to have attendants of the opposite sex.  But listing them as just children is fine, too.  Even having a program isn't a necessity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards