New York-Western

Bachelorette theme and no ideas...

I have a great idea for a bachelorette but am falling short on how to pull it off.  Any advice would or idea would be awesome.  We are renting a house in Ellicottville.  There are 6 bridesmaids and then the bride makes 7.  I was thinking of doing a 7 deadly sins theme.  We are looking for things to mostly do in the house and not have to travel into the town.  Any gifts to go with the theme for the party guests will be awesome too!!! Thanks!!

Re: Bachelorette theme and no ideas...

• shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well that depends on what you all like. If you are going with a 7 deadly sins theme, are all the girls into horror movies? I might be cool to just get a bunch of  food, eat snacks and watch horror movies and scare yourselves silly. I mean, you're in a house, in the woods ( maybe?)  But if not all the girls are into that, you may have some upset bridesmaids.
     A lot of  party and crafts stores have a lot of Halloween stuff out already, maybe you could use some of that stuff for decoration? 

I would think about the people who are going to be in attendance with extra special attention to the bride, toi see what she would find fun and if the other girls would dig it too.
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    First - are you planning your own bachelorette party for just you and your BM's, or will more ladies be attending? 

Definitely take advantage of halloween decor and candy being available right now, and if your party is after halloween get the stuff on sale the day after!!! 

Try and designate a deadly sin for each girl, and let them know to dress up as that sin. Designate a sin for each activity. Obviously food and snacks would be gluttony, but try to incorporate a fun eating contest like who can fit the most gummy bears or oreos in her mouth. Lust could be as dirty as you want to make it - from pin the penis on the man to a live stripper. Pride could be a game of Truth or Dare, Never Would I Ever, etc. Wrath is tricky but could be some scary movie to end the night, and any girl not interested in not sleeping for days can pass out in a room :) 
    You could plan to make or go out for a nice big brunch the morning after as sloth - everyone still in pjs - because I hope no one will be sloth-like at the actual party!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You could play a game of poker for Greed (play with tootsie rolls etc if you don't wanna use money), you could do makeovers for Envy (try to make yourself or someone else look like their favorite celeb?)

This actually sounds super fun, what a great idea!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Isn't there a wine called Seven Deadly Zins?  It would go with your theme.

you could also look on Wikipedia under seven deadly sins.  There's a list of movies that go with that theme (The Devil's Nightmare, Seven, and Bedazzled are 3 that I picked out quickly).  Maybe you could rent those and watch them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards