Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

How much cake?

Hi Ladies,

For you married Knotties. How much cake did you order? I've seen it recommended that you need not order enough so each person has a slice since a lot of people don't eat it. But what is a safe amount? I don't want anyone to go without if they wanted cake, but I don't want tons leftover either.

Re: How much cake?

• edited December 2011
    I hear a three tier cake feeds about a hundred people. Also many people will get whatever size cake they want and then have sheets of the cake in the back just for serving which i think is the best idea.
  • edited December 2011
    We did one cake on each table - and each table sat eight guests.  We had four inch high, six inch across cakes and everyone got some.
    panther
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with our baker's recommendations and ordered the sizes they recommended for 150 people (with a little extra since we didn't have a groom's cake).  We only ended up with 110 guests and it ended up being way, way too big.  I was actually going to change the contract to make it smaller but FMIL had paid the balance early so I just left it.  Everyone got 2 pieces and we brought an entire tier of it home, plus our topper.
  • edited December 2011
    We had a three-tier cake that was supposed to feed 100 guests.  We had 90 guests, and we had a TON of cake left over plus we kept the top tier.  Many people tried both flavors, so it was definitely plenty of cake.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards