Registry and Gift Forum

Wedding gift (bath towels set for 1 person only)?

We recently got married and a gift came for my husband in the mail. It was for one set of bath towels, addressed only to him, supposedly from a couple who are family friends. We sent out a formal invitation to them from both of us. There was no congratulatory note or anything else. We're trying to write Thank You cards now and are at a dilemma. What should we do/write?

Re: Wedding gift (bath towels set for 1 person only)?

• Thank you for the towels they will be very useful etc. etc. etc.  Just like any other gift.  You are way overthinking this. 

They may have addressed them just to him because they know him.  They probably only sent one set figuring other people would get you the rest (that's what I would do). Not everyone is into cards/notes.  I've seen people get gifts that don't even say who they are from.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A lot of people buy one set of something from the registry rather than 4 bath towels but no wash cloths or hand towels.  Many of our guests who were close to one of us but not the other (especially family and friends of family) addressed their package to just one of us.  We wrote the thank you notes from both of us.
  • Maybe I should clarify that we didn't register for any bath towels or anything of this sort.
  • What does it matter if you didn't register for them?  You still send a thank you like you would for any other gift.

Maybe they figure anyone can use towels.  Apparently, FI one aunt gives dish towels to family everytime she visits them.  So I can look forward to future of unmatched tea towels.  It's the thought that counts. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In that case, write a thank you note from both of you for the set of towels.
  • You're overthinking it.  Just send a TY note for the lovely set of towels that you know will come in handy.  Who couldn't use new towels?

As for it only being addressed to him, who knows what people think.  We had a lot of people who gave us checks for our wedding.  Some were written out in my maiden name, some written to just me, some to just my H, and one was written out to H only with the wrong last name (his mothers maiden name from a great uncle).  So you can't think anything based on what people write.  We had a few gifts sent straight to my parents house for us, addressed only to me because it was my family member.  No big deal. 

So just send a TY for the thoughtful gift, and sign both of your names to it. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards