Kansas
Options

New to KC

Hello Kansas!

My husband and I just relocated to Kansas City, Kansas (Johnson County) and a friend of mine is getting married in August and I'm a bridesmaid. 

Would any of you all have recommendations on a good place to get a bikini wax? 

Also, any recommendations on where to get good alterations at a low price?

Thank

Re: New to KC

• Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask around the local wedding places for a good alteration place...as for the other, no idea.  Look in the Yellow Pages for a reputable Spa.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome to Kansas!
    For the wax try Double Take Salon, they are located off 135th and Quivira, I believe Shoqu( pronounced  Show-q)  does all their waxing.
    There is also a place across from oak park mall that does good alterations from what I've heard. I believe it's in the same strip mall as that Hy- Vee.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    taraclayt1taraclayt1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For waxing- The Ulta at 119th and Blackbob has good waxing. The Beauty Brands on 119th in front of that Target also has good waxing.

Alterations? Bridal Extrodinaire. I have heard mix reviews about Mia's Bridal. I had a cousin who had great service from them- then a friend who had so so. 

Good Luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to drive to Lawrence, Salon De Marco is great! But I'm sure there are some great places in Johnson County.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help you with the wax, but there is a place that I had a bridesmaid dress altered in Oak Park Mall.  I think it is called Val's tailoring and it is by JC Penney on the 2nd level.  It was $35 and the dress fit me great! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards