Registry and Gift Forum

Gift for my groom.. A compass.. But what to engrave?!

Hello All!  I am getting married on June 18, and have almost everything set.  I have bought my groom an antiqued compass, but I'd like to engrave a quote on it.  There are many awesome quotes out there but i'm having a hard time deciding the perfect one!  We're both movie fanatics (He Loves Lord of the Rings and Star Wars), so i thought it would be cool to have one from the movies.. does anyone have any suggestions?!  Thank you to all!  Happy planning!!

Re: Gift for my groom.. A compass.. But what to engrave?!

• I like "we do not remember days, we remember moments" by Cesar Pavese.  Not a movie quotation, but I think it's nice to put on a compass and a good wedding day/starting married life together quote. 
  • "To my darling who gives direction to my life"    If you can stand the sweetness...
  • I'd google quotes that play on the "direction" idea 
  • Not sure if he likes Pirates of the Caribbean, but at the end of the first movie when Jack Sparrow is sailing off, he says, "Now, bring me that horizon."

Kind of navigation-themed, and forward-looking toward your life together? Maybe? 
  • Towards the path of everlasting love and happiness.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • love the Jack Sparrow one!
  • I love that Jack Sparrow one too.  It's positive, encouraging.  Cute. 

• You are my true north. 

Too corny?
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    A friend gave me a compass once, and he wrote "So you can always find your way..." on the back. It was so sweet!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The classic LOTR quote, "Not all who wander are lost"

but, in a more romantic sense, maybe something like, "To always guide you back to me" or "So you can always find your way home".

Cute idea thought!
    image 147 Made the cut!
    image 84 Can't wait to celebrate! image 19 Will be there in spirit! image 44 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kind of late to the party, and it may not help, but I'm putting a lyric from our wedding song on the pocket watch I'll be getting him.  "Today and every day"

If you know what your song will be, try to spin some of the lyrics.  Or it doesn't have to be compass related at all.  If you have sayings between the two of you, use that.  Or just the wedding date so he'll never forget Wink
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • "Wherever your heart leads, I will follow"
  • to my north star

Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm pretty sure OP already decided on an inscription, since this thread was from 2011.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards