California-Inland Empire
Options

guest list question

I haven't sent out my invites, but I have booked the chapel and reception sites.  We are having our reception at the Riv. Convention Center and were planning on hving around 250 people.  Now, I also booked the Mission Inn Chapel and that only holds 150 people.  Should I cut my list before I send out the invites?  I guess I was counting on the fact that not everyone attends the ceremony.  What do you think?

Re: guest list question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely cut the list before you send out the invites. I would be really upset if I went to a wedding that I couldn't even see the bride and groom get married because there wasn't any seating left in the chapel. Honestly, you can't rely on the hope that 100 guests won't show up the the ceremony. That is a lot of people. Cut your list or find a different chapel.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My finance's cousin had a smaller wedding and a larger reception. We only were invited to the recetion, which was okay by me. Definitally only invite who you want to attend the wedding to the wedding. Then you can invite everyone to the recetion. You dont want to overbook yourself. The chances of 100 of your guests not showing to fit the ceremony venue is pretty slim.
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards