Michigan-Grand Rapids

Do we NEED to have Bridesmades & Groomsman?? Bad Form?

Hello Everyone!!

My Fiance and I are both fairly quiet people and while we have a bunch of friends, we don't have many of the type of friends that we would want to stand up with us during our wedding.  We are wondering if it would be bad form for it to be just the two of us, no 'bridal party'.  We were thinking of having our family stand with us, but while he has 2 younger brothers and one male cousin, I have 6 female cousins that I'm close with and it doesn't seem right to pick and choose.  Any input would be MUCH appreciated, we're so conflicted here!  

Emily & Josh   

Re: Do we NEED to have Bridesmades & Groomsman?? Bad Form?

• I don't think bridal parties are a neccessity. If you prefer to not have one, don't. It's your day!

That said, it is usually more fun to get ready with others on your big day :) If you do decide to ask family members to stand up with you, don't worry about having an even number of guys and girls. I've been to several weddings where there were more bridesmaids than groomsmen. Just have two girls walk down with each guy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_do-we-need-to-have-bridesmades-groomsman-bad-form?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:c685885f-2227-4bfd-84cf-f79ef8b56c1bPost:1160c118-06a8-4d61-911f-7b6727732dab">Re: Do we NEED to have Bridesmades & Groomsman?? Bad Form?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been to several weddings where there were more bridesmaids than groomsmen. Just have two girls walk down with each guy.
    Posted by Kipp2Be[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That's a great idea!  You're completely right, it would be much more fun to get ready with some of the girls, thank you so much for the advice!  :)</div><div>
    </div>
  • You certainly don't NEED them.  They do make your wedding pictures look prettier though if you have bridesmaids all with a certain color and flowers/etc.  I had a wedding party but no flower girl/ring bearer.  It is YOUR wedding, you can do whatever you want!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_do-we-need-to-have-bridesmades-groomsman-bad-form?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:c685885f-2227-4bfd-84cf-f79ef8b56c1bPost:47dc9749-69a6-4d3b-b8e5-6cd0c3f1a658">Re: Do we NEED to have Bridesmades & Groomsman?? Bad Form?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You certainly don't NEED them.  They do make your wedding pictures look prettier though if you have bridesmaids all with a certain color and flowers/etc.  I had a wedding party but no flower girl/ring bearer.  It is YOUR wedding, you can do whatever you want!
    Posted by crystalannvan[/QUOTE]

The best man and the maid of honor sign the marriage certificate as witnesses to our marriage, (at least where we were married) you may need to have two witnesse sign the certificate after the ceremony along with the person actually performing the ceremony, so be sure to keep this in mind also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards