Flowers

Calla lillies

I am having a problem with flowers for my wedding. I am getting married on June 16th, and I originally wanted my bouquet to be tulips and the bridesmaids would have gerbera daisies. I ran into a problem with the tulips. The florists I spoke with said the tulips would be expensive, because they are not in season at that time. Now I am going to be using calla lillies for my centerpieces, and I wanted to incorporate gerbera daisies and maybe peonies. Do you think those flowers would go together? If not what are some suggesitons?

Re: Calla lillies

• edited December 2011
    I agree with your florist! I work in the industry and they are available ... almost all flowers are ... year round but, you'll have to pay a pretty penny for them! Also if the weather is super hot (in your city around this time) they just do not last for a long time. Gerberas are available any time and reasonably priced! Your peonies will be pretty expensive also! Such a timeless flower!! What are your colors and maybe we can provide you with some suggestions? I think whatever flowers that you like will work together! That's what your florist is for ... you pick what you like and it's our job to make it seamless. Congrats!!!
  • edited December 2011
    tulips are indeed over in June...you will only be able to get shrimpy little white ones at best... 
    gerbers, peonies and callas can work together if your florist has the right touch..You might want a little space to work with and use some greens or mini hydrangea in the mix... You have 3 very different kinds of flowers so they will need "breathing " room... 
  • edited December 2011
    My colors are purple and lilac. The calla lillies for the centerpieces are purple. The gerbera daisies I was thinking of using for the church, and maybe having the bridesmaids bouquets made with gerbera daisies also. For the peonies I was thinking of having those for my bouqet, but not too sure about using those yet. I am more concerned about the calla lillies going with the gerbera daisies. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards