New York-Hudson Valley

*nybride*

give me until this afternoon to send you the template since it's on my DH's laptop and he's still not home (had to stay at his parents due to the snow *sigh*) I also wanted to say that I did the exact same cruise that you are doing for your honeymoon a little over a year ago. If you want any suggestions for shore excursions, let me know!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: *nybride*

• edited December 2011
    hi lawyer! i was about to page you! i took some pics of your page. i hope you don't mind. i gave you knottie credit!

no problem about the template. i think i was just suffering from cabin fever and wanted to do more and more. :) 

i would love suggestions. i lost when it comes to shore excursions. we want to book some now so we don't have to pay for it all at once. let me know your suggestions!!! i have never been to any of these island. we are looking to spend time at the beach! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    edited December 2011
    oh and I'll post about the shore excursions later after DH and I get back from dinner!
    edited December 2011
    so we did the same cruise as you on the same boat actually (the boat was wonderful and I really liked the shows too) except the islands were in reverse! Turks and Caicos is AMAZING (by far my favorite). You can do an excursion there, but you definitely don't have to. If I remember correctly you tender, but literally they have a whole beach/resort area set up for you right off the dock. We regretted booking a shore excursion there, especially since we went on the ultimate snorkeling excursion and no one told me that these guys had a "pet" barracuda that followed the boat around... I freaked the hell out whenever it swam by... and let me tell you it got REALLY close. Although, I will say that the snorkeling was really good.... tons of fish, and I got to see a sea turtle which was SO cool! In Bermuda we did the helmet diving which was really fun (although the guy that runs it is a little strange... I think he's a scientologist) I would recommend the excursion though. We got to see/pet a bunch of fish. We liked helmet diving so much we did it again in Bora Bora on our honeymoon. In St.Thomas we were going to do the swim with the sea lions, but it got cancelled. If we were to do it again, I'd definitely do that. In San Juan we did old san juan and the bacardi distillery. If you like rum, the bacardi distillery is great. We got 2 free samples and since we had extra coupons in the end, the guy gave my DH and I each 2 more! Old San Juan was really pretty and we took a lot of pictures. We did really enjoy that cruise, and the 9 days was the perfect amount of time to get away. Also, we loved that it left from NYC so we could bring heavy/extra luggage... we never ran out of anything! Enjoy!
  • SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just to jump in for cruise advice!!!

Not sure what they offer at these stops, but I did a catamaran boat trip in Barbados on my last cruise and it was a ton of fun. We did one with drinks, snorkeling and a beach BBQ lunch. If that sounds like your style, I'd definitely recommend it. But, that was a different island, so I don't know if there are comparable options for you.

p.s. you are going to LOVE it! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards