Pennsylvania-Central

Wind in the Willows..?

Hey fellow Central PA brides! I'm having a hard time trying to find a number for Wind in the Willows in Grantville, PA.. from what I've found, it's run by a Pam Graybill who doesn't advertise, but I've seen some photog work done at the place so I know they do weddings - I just can't seem to find a way to get in touch with them! Anyone ever heard of them or am I loosing it?! Thankssss :)

Randie & Joshua;; 09/22/2012.

Re: Wind in the Willows..?

• jnpfautzjnpfautz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had looked in to Wind in the Willows as well - I hear they have a high rental fee and they don't offer a lot other than the use of their property.  But, then again, that's just what I hear.  I didn't wind up meeting with them.  Anyway, her email address is graybill4@hotmail.com and her phone number is 717-469 -0887 and her cell number is 717-395-7349.  It does seem very pretty there!  Good luck!!
  • Did anyone ever find out how much they charge?
  • It's $3500 which includes the use of the property from Thursday through Sunday at noon, place for ceremony and reception, tables, chairs, "in-law suite" for bride/bridesmaids to get ready and a cottage for the groom/groomsmen to get ready. I'm getting married their next October, can't wait!!
  • yes, the contact info above is correct & fee.  they do not advertise & they are horrible about getting back w/ you when you actually do FIND their info. 
    They seem nice at first, but they are very difficult.  I can ONLY speak of my own personal experience.  You try to contact them about simple information, i.e., their available dates & a week goes by & no calls...
    they require all music off by 10pm, lights out 11pm... & you will have to decorate everything... sure, some love that, but it wasn't ideal for us.  You must have a PA licensed bartender as well.  BYO caterer...etc.
     We just had some red flags from the very beginning w/ this couple & it really didn't settle well w/ us OR to invest our money & time.   
    There were other things & problems & we felt our time, our inquiries & investment wasn't appreciated enough from them & we didn't feel like we were in good hands. 
    We happily went elsewhere & had PROMPT & PROFESSIONAL service.  We really made the best decision, for us... again, I can only speak of our own experience.  I've heard from a handful of brides good & bad w/ this site.  Good luck!
  • Is there a bathroom for the guests or is it a port-a-potty type of place??
  • We visited there when scouting locations for my brothers wedding, and he didn't even go inside to visit them because it's an actual horse farm with fencing etc...and he didn't like that look. I've heard there are beautiful weddings there, but when looking for my wedding I didn't want to pay a huge venue fee.
  • We are having our wedding at Wind in the Willows in May and have had a complete opposite experience with Pam & Dave.  She is always prompt about returning our calls and emails and let us come out whenever we want to look at the barn and venue.  She also has a lot of rustic accessories (think mason jars, metal vases, etc) that she offers to you to let you use.  

There are two bathrooms inside the barn for guests and a port-a-potty outside, if you choose to use it/tell your guests about it.
  • I had my wedding there last month and had such a wonderful experience! Pam was always prompt in getting back to me about any questions.  You are always able to go out and see what the barn is like before committing to them.  The day of my wedding, 3 couples came to view what it looked like set up.  I also used the rustic accessories to decorate the barn.  To be honest, the barn was so beautiful that it did not need that much decorating! It cost $3,500 but that includes Thursday-Sunday.  We went out to set up everything on Thursday, had rehearsal and rehearsal dinner there on Friday, got ready in the in-laws suit on Saturday, and then went back Sunday to gather everything that we used.  I highly recommend Wind in the Willows! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards