December 2012 Weddings

"Newbie"!

At least to the December board!

We've had to push our date back a few times, but I have said for a while that we will be married before the end of the year. My fiance and I have determined this, so now we've pushed it back to December, and it's not going to be pushed back again.

That said, we don't have an actual date. Right now, I'm waiting to hear from my older sister. She is a school teacher and if she can make it, I will have it during her Christmas break. Otherwise I think before Christmas makes more sense so we can be settled in our home by then.

Why wouldn't she make it? Well, I'm moving to India! The wedding will be there. My fiance is Indian and lives there already. So aside from just the wedding planning, we also have to figure out visas and a cross continental move.

It's pretty exciting though, all in all. And I'm happy to be able to know for sure that December is a locked in date... barring any huge emergency. We've kept having to push it back mainly due to money. Ryan is employed, but I am not. And he makes an Indian wage,which is to say about a tenth of the US wage for the same job. Consequently we've had to adjust a lot of plans and expectations, including having to deal with the fact my parents won't be at my wedding.

But we're determined that we will be married in December! So hi, to all my fellow December brides!
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: "Newbie"!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards