Wisconsin
Options

Question about DOCs

Has anyone here used Danica from Dreams and Designs by Danica for a DOC? I contacted her by e-mail and she replied the same day, but after that I can't ever seem to get a hold of her and that is a huge red flag to me; however, she seems to come highly recommended. I haven't signed a contract or sent a deposit yet, but it just makes me nervous. Thoughts?
On a related note, who would you recommend (or not recommend) for a DOC?

Re: Question about DOCs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister in law was SUPPOSED to have Danica for her Wedding, but the day before the Wedding, Danica called her and said she was sick (!?!?)  In my opinion, you'd better be on your deathbed if you are going to make that call. Now, I understand that you can't control being sick, but Danica had no back up plan for if something like this happened.  That seems very unprofessional to me...especially to a person who is counting on your on their Wedding Day!

Additionally, she had told my sis-in-law (who is a very organized person-- lists, etc.) to not bring ANYTHING to the rehersal b/c she would take care of everything.  Getting the call on that Friday and hearing that Danica would not be at the Rehearsal or the Wedding sent my sis in law into a mini panic since she hadn't planned for this.  Everything ended up working out b/c she had her Aunt fill in as her DOC.

In the end, my sis-in-law ended up getting a full refund, but it was more the principle of how the situation was handled that would make me leery of ever using her.

I agree, I hear great things about her, but after witnessing what happened to my sis-in-law, paired with your gut instinct, I wouldn't take the risk!

Sorry for the novel.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know people who have used her, including my own sister, and they had a really great experience. I might have looked into booking her myself but we are having a family friend be our DOC.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used her for my August 1st wedding, and she was AMAZING! I cannot say one bad thing about her. She took care of everything, and was incredibly organized. I would reccomend her to anyone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_question-docs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:aa39767e-3d73-4890-b6aa-aa66ff602e7bPost:15126c99-b6bf-4231-aa44-bfa8824fb2c1">Re: Question about DOCs</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister in law was SUPPOSED to have Danica for her Wedding, but the day before the Wedding, Danica called her and said she was sick (!?!?)  In my opinion, you'd better be on your deathbed if you are going to make that call. Now, I understand that you can't control being sick, but Danica had no back up plan for if something like this happened.  That seems very unprofessional to me...especially to a person who is counting on your on their Wedding Day! Additionally, she had told my sis-in-law (who is a very organized person-- lists, etc.) to not bring ANYTHING to the rehersal b/c she would take care of everything.  Getting the call on that Friday and hearing that Danica would not be at the Rehearsal or the Wedding sent my sis in law into a mini panic since she hadn't planned for this.  Everything ended up working out b/c she had her Aunt fill in as her DOC. In the end, my sis-in-law ended up getting a full refund, but it was more the principle of how the situation was handled that would make me leery of ever using her. I agree, I hear great things about her, but after witnessing what happened to my sis-in-law, paired with your gut instinct, I wouldn't take the risk! Sorry for the novel.
    Posted by kmatola18[/QUOTE]

Since the wedding still went off without a hitch I bet you don't know the whole story.  Danica is very professional and I bet she made sure the venues were prepared for her not being there.  People do get sick once in awhile. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards