New York-Hudson Valley

Vendor Reviews 11/06/10 Long

hey everyone, hope this helps.....

Reception Venue:  DoubleTree Hotel, Tarrytown, NY (A):  We booked with them a long time before the wedding.  Throughout the process we had dealt with a slew of different people.  Overall though, the venue was beautiful, the food was fantastic and with each new person we dealt with, they were all courteus and prompt with responses (mostly via email).  The hotel blocks were reasonable and they had a renovation not too long ago and everything was perfect.  Very reasonably priced, everything was negotiable and the cookies at check in were so yummy!!! 

Limo Company: Silverstar Limo, Yonkers, NY (A):  We booked silverstar because they had the biggest limo in NYS.  We chose that one and it was great.  It was super stretch that can hold up to 30 adults.  We had about 15 adults and it was comfortable, probably would stretch it to about 20-22 people confortably (i had a big dress).  The driver was AWESOME he helped at church for the ceremony, was completely professional and courteous and the limo was very clean.  Very much on time as well. 

Photo Booth:  That's Entertainment, Harrison, NY (A):  THe photo booth was a huge hit!!  The two guys who manned it were great.  We had unlimited photos, black and white and color and all of our guests really enjoyed it.  The company was super nice and professional.

Florist: Bed of Roses, Yonkers, NY (B):  The flowers were really beautiful, exacty what i wanted.  The overall experience with the vendor is what brings the "b."  I felt as though we were being told repeatedly what a good deal we were getting (not so sure since he was recommended and i didnt look anywhere else).  Our contract stated that we would have blue water in our tall vases with LED lights and at the last minute we paid an extra 100$ to have another tall arrangement added for our card table.  Well, the blue water and led lights for vases were non existent and neither was the extra arrangement i paid for.  when i called after the fact, we received an apology but not a refund but were promised a credit for 100$ since some of the tall vases were missing from either the guests or the venue.  At one time, we were shown blue roses that were "imported" but it appeared they have been spray painted via us hearing the spray can as well as smelling it from the back room.  

Photographer: H&H Photographers, Irvington, NY (A):  Dan was great to work with.  He is super understanding fought hard to earn our business.  Our photographer was Fred and his assistant was Al.  They were both great!  They were on time and were really nice to work with.  Our engagement photos were great and we cant wait to see the real photos.

Videographer: Alliance Video Productions, Tabernacle, NJ (A):  Tom was fantastic! He is super nice and professional and was 100% unobtrusive throughout the ceremony and the reception.  He got some awesome video of us that we are not even sure the photgrapher was able to get.  We purchased the package where we received a 5 minute trailer of our video while on the honeymoon and it was perfect.  Can't wait to see the whole video.

Invitations: The Giving Tree, Newtown, PA (A).  Our invitations were great.  Becky was super helpful and was very flexible with her schedule to work with us.  Our thank you cards are also from her as well.

Dress: Pronovias, New York, NY (B):  I purchased my dress the first day out.  The purchasing experience was great but once i purchased teh dress everything was downhill from there.  the staff was rude, they were not accommodating at all.  Our seamstress was very nice and did a great job and my dress was beautiful. 

Cake and Groom's Cake: Plaza Sweets Bakery, Mamaroneck, NY (A)  Our wedding cake was included with the reception. We had a tasting and all the cakes were delicious.  They basically told us we could have anything we wanted and to send them a photo from online and they would re created it and that they did. Our cake was fantastic, exactly like the photo we showed them.  The groom's cake was amazing as well.  YUM

Bridesmaid Dresses: Coronet Bridal, Feasterville, PA (A).  I chose bari jay dresses and this shop is very reasonably priced and everyone was very courteous.

Bridesmaid and Groomsman Gifts: Creative Wood Designs By Dami, Quakertown, PA (A)  Had to add this because I fell in love with their wood work and they specially made gifts for my girls that are not available to the public. I have many of their pieces in my home and had to share their great work with everyone!!

Tuxedos: Alfredo's Formal Wear, Feasterville, PA (A).  Super reasonably priced, great selection.

Flowergirl Dresses, Tokens of Affection, Newtown, PA (A):  Awesome selection, very reasonably priced.  Great service.

Re: Vendor Reviews 11/06/10 Long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards