Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Junior Bridesmaids as Ring Bearer & Flower Girls?

My niece (13) and my sisters fiances two girls (14 & 13) are all going to be in my wedding. I was thinking of having the three of them walk together my niece in the middle holding rings and the two girls on each side of her tossing rose petals.?

What do you think of this honestly? have you ever seen any other deviations from traditional ring bearer & flower girl?  At this time we don't know many ppl with kids at those ages.

Thoughts? Thank You in advance!

Re: Junior Bridesmaids as Ring Bearer & Flower Girls?

• Options
    I think a 13- or 14-year old would feel too old to toss flower petals, but you can ask them and see what they think.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    My neice asked me if she could be my flower girl. haha - I told her she was too old!
  • Options
    I agree they are too old to be flower girls so I would not have them toss petals. Why can't they just hold bouquets like the other maids? If your niece will hold the rings (on a pillow?), you could give her a corsage for her wrist or chest or even some for her hair so she has some flowers adorning her also. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_junior-bridesmaids-ring-bearer-flower-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:d82cd1c2-57b8-45c3-ab1b-279a40d88555Post:ee4e9c41-ee98-487e-97ee-376f2445a45f">Re: Junior Bridesmaids as Ring Bearer & Flower Girls?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree they are too old to be flower girls so I would not have them toss petals. Why can't they just hold bouquets like the other maids? If your niece will hold the rings (on a pillow?), you could give her a corsage for her wrist or chest or even some for her hair so she has some flowers adorning her also. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

<div>I like this idea. Give the girls special flowers, but don't have them toss the petals. Let them feel special and included while still letting them feel "grown up" like teenagers</div>
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I will have them hold special flowers. ;)
  • Options
    What will the senior bridesmaids be doing during all of this?
  • Options
    I am having my 10 year old neice be my ring bearer/flower girl. I am going to have flowers on her wrist so she has some...Do what makes you happy. Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you want them to walk down at the same time, 3 across, make sure your aisle is set up wide enough. Most are set so they are comfortable for two across.
  • Options
    When my aunt got married there were no young boys to be ring bearers so my aunt had my sister and I being flower girls and we walked down the aisle side by side.  You can configure your wedding party any way you want and I think what you have planned there sounds perfectly wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards