Outdoor Weddings

Tell Us About Your Wedding/Yourself!

2»

Re: Tell Us About Your Wedding/Yourself!

• edited July 2010
    1. When is/was your wedding?
    July 9, 2011

2. What are/were your colors?
    Nothing official (I need to confer with the dude), but I'm leaning towards a topaz blue and peridot green, with some amethyst mixed in there.

3. Did/Does your wedding have any specific theme?
    Is "simplicity" a theme? We're aiming for a relaxed, light-hearted wedding, more casual than formal.

4. Why are you having or why did you have an outdoor wedding?
    I was never the type of girl to daydream about a perfect wedding, but for some reason whenever the topic came up, I knew I wanted to get married outside, surrounded by gardens. My dude has really embraced the idea of an outdoor wedding, thankfully. We want the sunshine and the flowers, not some closed in and dark space.

5. What aspects of your wedding are being held outdoors?
    Just about all of it--we're having the ceremony in the site's azalea garden and the reception will be both inside and outside under a tent that leads up to the home on the property. We're not having any formal seating, as it'll be a sort of cocktail hour set up instead, so the flow works out.

6. What's your biggest worry for your wedding day, other than weather?
    I'm only in the beginning stages of planning, so my worries are really reserved more towards finding everything we need rather than the day itself. I just found out I can't have someone grilling onsite, which is a downer--I wanted a BBQ reception--but hey, that's life! Just need to figure out what to do instead! So I'm not sure. Pulling off a lame party instead of something fun? Haha.

No dress yet, so here's an image of the azalea garden instead...

at a glance
  • 1. When is/was your wedding?
    October 15, 2011
    Thinking hunter/emerald/sage green, navy, ivory and gold
    Comfortable and rustic yet classic
    4. Why are you having or why did you have an outdoor wedding?
    We both love the outdoors!
    All of it, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and bonfire after party!
    The layout. Still not sure what to do!
  • 1. When is/was your wedding?  April 30, 2011

2. What are/were your colors?  Dark purple and lime green

3. Did/Does your wedding have any specific theme?  No theme really, just fun!

Just wanted a beautiful, natural backdrop for our wedding day, and neither of us is really religious

5. What aspects of your wedding are being held outdoors?  Ceremony

6. What's your biggest worry for your wedding day, other than weather?  That people will not be understaning about some of the nontraditional aspects of the ceremony/reception.  I know it's about what we want, but I am a people pleaser!
  • annimh, you're getting married on my birthday! :-) Beautiful site!
  • 1. When is/was your wedding? 09/04/2010
    2. What are/were your colors? Navy,Antique Blue and Champagne
    3. Did/Does your wedding have any specific theme? No but we are trying keep things local, (ie, music, and great things about Minneapolis)
    4. Why are you having or why did you have an outdoor wedding? Less decor needed, and we are not religious
    5. What aspects of your wedding are being held outdoors? ceremony and pictures
    6. What's your biggest worry for your wedding day, other than weather? That our guests will not have a good time when they have traveled so far and given up their holiday weekend
    Anniversary Vacation
  • 1. When is/was your wedding? 
    June 25th 2011
    Peakock blue, brown, ivory. But I want some other bright colors thrown in the mix maybe a yellow....
    outdoor casual, relaxed, rustic
    we couldn't imagine doing it anywhere else. We both love being outside, especially in the mnts!!
    EVERYTHING! except getting ready
    the colors and everything comeing together. I worry all the time.
    Bonus: Post a picture of your dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards