Arizona-Phoenix

Your Thoughts on Photo Booths

Hey Ladies, I am curious to how you feel about photo booths. I REALLY want one. FI thinks it's a waste of money. On one hand, I think it would be so much fun, but on the other, I would feel bad because it's a pretty large expense that is also unneccesary.

What do you think?

Also, if you used one, who did you go with and what was your experience?

and are there any that are less than $1000? I know there is that DGevents one, but at the bridal show display, it did not print out the pictures. I was told it would be emailed, but I never got them. That concerns me about having them at our wedding.

Thanks for your input! Oh, and I'm probably heading to bed soon, so if I don't respond tonight, that's why. Have a great night, everyone!
Photobucket

Re: Your Thoughts on Photo Booths

• edited December 2011
    I didn't vote because I think they are awesome, but we are not having one.  We are doing a photowall instead.  But I definitely think they can be a lot of fun, especially when there are props (I've never been to a wedding with one, but come on, it's a photobooth!).  As someone who hates dancing, that also seems like a nice alternative for your guests who may not want to dance or mingle the entire time.
  • sari5765sari5765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love them but the FI says they're too expensive :( I also want a videographer. And a limo. Oh, and a pink pony. Unfortunately, they've all been deemed too expensive. Or imaginary.
    check out our wedding blog at http://kellyandsari.com
  • edited December 2011
    Pssh, your fiance just doesn't believe.
  • edited December 2011
    Sari- I am right there with ya girl!

I am having one!  It is a pretty long story on how I arrived at actually getting one, so I will shorten it a bit because there is a tip here!

We are going with: http://www.a2zphotobooths.com/

At first there was no way I would spend the extra cash on this because it is a totally frivolous thing.  However, I am a crafty person at heart and really liked the idea of the photobooth and this type of picture of all of our guests.  While at the bridal shows I put my name on all the mailing lists but never really saw any deals pass through my inbox until the begining of may.  a2z emailed out that if you signed up for on cinco de mayo, you got 50 percent off your rental.  So, I called FI and I think he pretty much gave in.  We both didnt want a videographer, so this took the place of that (even thought we wouldn't have hired one).  We went with the Gold package so it was around $650 once everything was said and done.  The Gold package is the smallest with no props or anything.  But, I figure that we can always add them ourselves if needed. 

So, if you have some time before your wedding, you may want to get on some mailing lists.  You never know what deals the slow summer months may bring! 
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Memeory maker AZ and it's not only a photobooth but a video booth too and my guests are still talking about it. We got a disc with all of the pictures and videos on it and then we also got a scrapbook where guests could tleave the second copy and write us a note. The other cool thing about them was that he brings a digital frame to upload photos from your friends memory cards dso you have and can see them right away. We forgot to make the announcement about it, but the frame is still cool. And I believe we paid less than $1000 for all of it.
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got ours through a relay for life fundraiser.  Memorymakersaz.com was the company we received the promo through relay for lilfe.  They were absolutely amazing, and the service was exceptional. 

We received the photobooth at a very discounted price.  Had we not gotten the discount, we wouldn't have been able to afford one.  A photobooth wasn't a huge priority for me, but my guests seemed to like it.  It wasn't as big of a hit with my guests as I had expected.  I think had I paid full price, I would have been slightly disappointed in the amount of guests that used it.

I would say if you really want one, you should get one.  I wish I had my photographer longer, and looking back, it really wouldn't have broke the bank.  Maybe you can cut a deal with a vendor?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I had one and it was probably one of my favorite things at my wedding!  It was a HUGE hit, people were in it all night long, and I still have people telling me how awesome it was.  I used A2Z photobooths, there is actually a picture of it in my bio under Pro-Pic Details and Reception.  It is an actual old fashion photobooth, so it looked really cool.  It prints out 2 strips, one for your guest and one for a memory book for you where the guest put the entire strip and writes a note.  We read through it the next morning and it was so much fun, especially as you get towards the end of the book when it is obvious everyone has been drinking for 5 hours, ha.  After the wedding the sent me a CD with all of the strips on it, so I was able to see ones that maybe did not make it into the book, and I was able to put them all up on facebook, which everyone loved.  If I had to do it again I would get a photobooth in a heartbeat and I would use A2Z.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and PP mentioned that they are going with A2Z and just got the Gold package (the lowest level).  I just wanted to add that is what we got and it was perfect.  I personally do not like props or anything, so that Gold package was just right!
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey Led--
    We actually booked with DGEvents at the bridal show for their photo booth. Their printer was working when we went so we got our picture and the quality was impressive. The lady was very nice and did mention after we booked that she was going to a few shows before returning home so there would be a lag in us booking the booth and them contacting us to follow up. Perhaps that is why you have not received your pictures?

At any rate, I told my fiance that we booked it and he was beyond excited because he really wanted it. And it was in our budget! Woo!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really love the idea and kind of want one, but being that we've been over budget on a few things, don't think its in the plans. 
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really want one! To make this work with my budget, I am considering using these as the favors and forgoing getting favors to put at the table. Or I just might splurge and do it and wait for a good deal or some kind of special. FH doesn't really care for it, but I think it would be a lot of fun for the guests.
  • edited December 2011
    I would absolutely love to have one. I even wanted to have plastic bookmark sleeves people could put them in, which could be a kind of favor. They're out of budget for me, though. Like Sari, my finace nixed the limo, videographer, and this. I hate to admit it, but he's right. I'd rather have good food and pretty flowers. I guess I just need to learn to prioritize! haha
  • edited December 2011
    I think they have the potential for being great fun with the right crowd of guests.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, since it's SO not in our budget), our crowd is not that crowd.

I say if you have the money for it and you think your guests will have fun with it, go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your input! I'm glad to hear those who have had them have enjoyed them. I will definitely look into the mailing lists to see if I can get some kind of special.

Marissa, thank you for explaining the situation with DGevents at the bridal show. That makes me feel better. I will look into them further.

I think I will try to cut back other areas that aren't that important, so that I can justify getting one. And I'm sure FI will warm up to the idea, or at least, just let me have this one. lol.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely want a photobooth too!!!

We haven't decided what booth company yet, but my friend and I literally took pictures in every....single...photobooth at the July 6th Bridal Show and really like:

AZ Photo Fun - comes with 2 attendants (one for the booth & one for the guestbook/scapbook assembly). $900 for 4-6 hours, colored, and can choose double strip layout.

Snapbooth - 1 attendant, took the best quality color pics and starts at $895 for 3 hours

***ALSO, we are getting our bridal party to all pitch in and split the cost of a photobooth as our gift (thanks to our Best Man and my Man of Honor to spread the word on the 'great idea' they have. lol)

Hopes this helps!! Let us know the verdict!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ibstephiibstephi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try this one- 

I saw it online !
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went through all the pictures, and people actually went in the photobooth more than I thought haha!  Mine came with video as well, and it looks like people had a lot of fun it :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to have one but we are getting ours for *FREE* because my father does business with the man who owns the company, so we really lucked out.  However, before I knew about that we were going to go with (I think this is the name) AZ sphinx photography.  They have a deal for the rest of 2010 its only $400 for 4 hrs or its usually $600 for 4 hrs.
  • edited December 2011
    We are on a simple budget (under 8k) and are having a diy photobooth. Jesse is going to construct a fantastic standing booth with fabric siding (like the velvet ones that photocabina had) and we are using a softbox for lighting.

The genius part is that we will have our guests take their own photos using my laptop- with webcam. I know it sounds crazy, but partybooth has developed a software that allows guests to interact with the computer in true photobooth style, meaning that it gives directions (the only thing they have to do is hit the space bar, it counts down, and snaps four shots that are arranged in customizable double strips (with whatever we want, a  logo, etc) and immediately uploaded to our website and printed using our photoprinter- and everything is wireless!

Long story short :) visit  http://www.partyboothapp.com/ and the creator is coming out with a new version...which is the one we're going to buy!!!

~Best of luck!

~Irene
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • mtlc0430mtlc0430 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Snapbooth and our guests loved the photobooth.  Mike with Snapbooth was professional, friendly, and always responsive to my communications with him.  At first, we weren't going to have a photobooth because of the expense but after speaking with Mike and explaining our budget, he worked with us to get the price within our budget.  For $850 we got 4 hours w/unlimited blackand white or color pictures, props (which our guests loved), photos uploaded to facebook, a DVD of all the photos, 2 attendants, and our monogram on the photo strips.  We had a great experience with Snapbooth and I would definitely recommend them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards