Moms and Maids
Options

BOTH my boys getting married 1 month apart next year (2010)

HELP !!!  
both of my sons are getting married next year, 1 month apart.  The problem is , they are having very different weddings, and so finding a dress is hard.   The first wedding is a very casual outdoor wedding, and the second is a formal church wedding.  Any thoughts / ideas???

Re: BOTH my boys getting married 1 month apart next year (2010)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have the budget for two dresses?  Personally, I don't know if it would be possible to find a dress that accommodates both wedding styles. 
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wouldn't want to wear the same dress to each wedding....with half the guests being the same anyway...so what's the problem.  you don't have to spend alot of money and can probably find a couple of very nice dresses right off the rack...or even on line.  in the event you happen to be a plus size you can try nordstroms.com they have a large selection at very good prices.

good luck...it could be worse....you could have 2 daughters getting married a month apart!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If the formal one is an evening reception, you might want to look now!  There are alot of party dresses on sale now because of New Years.  The other one will be easier because it is more casual!  Davids Bridal does have some nice MOB dresses and some of the prices are really reasonable.  I bought mine at a bridal/party store called GroupUSA at an outlet mall.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You will probobly have to get 2 different dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Macy's constantly has sales on dresses. Friends and I find $200-300 dresses for $50 all the time. You can shop on-line if there's not one near you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mob2006mob2006 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My son and daughter were married within 3 months of each other, with very different wedding styles, and I bought a new dress for each wedding.  I had no thought of wearing the same dress to both weddings.  I'm not sure what help you want from us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards