Outdoor Weddings
Options

Wedding Venue Questions

Hi, my fiance and I are starting to look at wedding venues and we are curious for some information from other couples.

We are looking at outdoor venues in our area (Seattle) and we are wondering about any thing that really amazed you or was a complete pain in the rear about a venue. You know, those things that you did or didn't think of with all the nervous energy coursing through your veins.

Thanks for the help, can't wait to find out perfect venue!

Re: Wedding Venue Questions

• Options
    One good thing to do is post on your local board and ask for recommendations.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just in general a few things I found annoying/interesting/nerve racking/ didn't consider:

The timing of the ceremony - my photographer brought up lighting for the ceremony and it didn't cross my mind to plan my ceremony around the position of the sun!

Privacy - All of the parks/beaches in my area that I wanted to rent from the town didn't work out b/c the town will not "close down" the public area for a private event, even though you have to pay to rent it.

Costs associated - I had to book and pay for a separate location, plus rent the chairs, ect. - something else I didn't think about was having to have someone available when the chairs, ect. were delivered to supervise set up then watch the darn things until the ceremony started. 

GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was married in a public metropark in my area.  Ask if you can have amplified sound.  We were not able to have a microphone even.  Also, we hired a string trio for the music which wasn't originally in our budget.  If amplified sound is allowed, find out what power is available.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards