DC
Options

New to the game...

Hello, my name is Lauren and I'm originally from the DC area but I'm currently overseas in the middle east with the army. I just got started planning my wedding to my high school sweetheart and we're both out of the area and having an IMPOSSIBLE time trying to find a venue that is both affordable and nice, this seems to be unheard of in NoVa. Our guest list is about 110 for New Years Eve (only date we're both able to be back at home, or on the same side of the planet) and we really want something beautiful but not absurdly priced. Any suggestions?  

Re: New to the game...

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you are an officer, you could try finding out about openings for your date at the O clubs at Ft. Myer, Ft. McNair, The Army/Navy Club, etc., and if anything clicks, join the club or find a sponsor.  Google for the links to those clubs.

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lauren!  Welcome to the boards and congrats!  I agree with Lisa50 by trying out your military connections.  If that doesn't work then you can check in to the Grand Atrium in Vienna or the Waterford in Fairfax or Springfield.  Those were all places that were decently priced in comparison to most.  Good luck!
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately I know nothing about NoVA, I'm in MD, but good luck!!! I think the military options sound like a good idea. Also, if you're googling, I had much better luck using the search term "banquet hall" and "banquet room" than "wedding reception"... cheaper options came up =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    bterry80bterry80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lauren and congratulations!  I would love to help with your wedding details.  It would really help to know a couple things: budget, whether or not you want a day/evening wedding, and if  ceremony and reception will be held in same venue.  I'm an event planner in DC...my contact info is info@biancasamoneevents.com.

Cheers,

Bianca
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards