Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Happy Thursday!

12346»

Re: Happy Thursday!

• Options
    Thanks Anna!

I don't remember that part of Finding Nemo..racking my brain...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ding ding ding!

Gold star, for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Aww you made me ink!

• Options
    Woah!  That's a big butt
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Waltzy it's in the beginning! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I really need to watch that movie again because even the visual aid isn't helping. But I do remember

MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like kids and I don't even like them in the workplace.  They get all touchy and space invading.  This one coworkers little girl came and stood at my office door and just stared at me until I invited her in.  Then all of a sudden she was watching iCarly videos on my computer and I was kicked out of my seat.  I don't even know how it happened.  Plus all the old ladies give insane amounts of candy to them. 

• Options
    My boss brings her kids to work when there are school holidays. I have such a love of kids and I want them to be happy I end up spending all of my time playing with them and not getting work done. Her 5 year old nephew (she's got custody) doesn't understand that when Ms. LDY is on the phone you can't talk to her.

I love them, but this isn't the place for them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99b0d1d6-3c2e-4f3a-844b-4a55d4e24faaPost:794dd7f0-b81e-47c4-92bd-4f09fd2c7d48">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom has had a Keurig for a while now probably a couple years.  <strong>I just used it the other day and it goes soooooo slow now.</strong>  It was almost like a regular coffee pot.  Anyway. I remember someone a while back saying they used those wooden flowers from that seller on etsy.. I wanted to ask the person how they liked them.  Was that anyone is here?
    Posted by Bethanne1202[/QUOTE]

<div>I haven't read the whole thing yet, so someone may have already commented on this.  Your parents probably need to clean their machine.  Directions are on the Keurig website, and it's best to do it overnight (the vinegar has to sit for at least four hours).  </div><div>
    </div><div>I love my Keurig.  My parents got theirs first, then bought FI and I one for Christmas two years ago.  Sometimes we still have to break out the regular coffee maker, especially when we have lots of people over or I'm making a giant vat of iced coffee.  The Keurig finally ended the battle of how much coffee to use.  FI likes his weak, I like mine strong.</div>
  • Options
    Morning... 

I have a pirate trip today.Yell   I hate those trips.  I have to dress up like a pirate and say Arrr all day.    Ugh.

On top of that we have 49 people of which over half will be between 3-8 years old.   Plus there is no wind so it's going to be hot as shiit.  

Today is going to suck.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Lynda any news on teh job front?  Mr stack and I went on a pirate cruise last year on vacation and it was seriously sooooooo fun.  LOL.  We were the only people on board that didn't bring kids but they were awesome and all the free beer was really awesome.  Just think of how great you're making those peoples day!  ;) 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99b0d1d6-3c2e-4f3a-844b-4a55d4e24faaPost:7fbf217f-6384-4533-9418-48ca2a3e2e30">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda any news on teh job front?  Mr stack and I went on a pirate cruise last year on vacation and it was seriously sooooooo fun.  LOL.  We were the only people on board that didn't bring kids but they were awesome and all the free beer was really awesome.  Just think of how great you're making those peoples day!  ;) 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope.  The GM and DH are playing phone tag.  Between schedules and the 3 hour time difference they have not been able to connect.  They are setting up a meeting via outlook today.   </div><div>
    </div><div> One of our fractional ownership owners happens to live in Phoenix and eats lunch at the hotel a few times a week.  He was speaking to the GM about the chef job and the GM mentioned DH.   The GM did not know he was an owner here.  The owner gave DH a huge recommendation.  Then called DH about how excited they are about us possible moving up there.  They even offered to help us find a place and all.   </div><div>
    </div><div> On Friday he was told he was the front runner although he had one more tasting yesterday.   Hopefully we will here something today.  It's driving me crazy.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>As far as the Pirate trip.  Yes the guests have a blast and it's cool to be the highlight of their trip.  But it's just so much work and craziness.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Do you get a parrot? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So sounds like you guys are leaning towards (well being directed towards) Phoenix then?  I hope they make the choice soon just so you guys can know. 
  • Options
    Oh and the this owner gave us our first wedding gift.  He painted a water-color of the bay the resort is in (including the boat I worked on).    It's really nice and hanging up in our home.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99b0d1d6-3c2e-4f3a-844b-4a55d4e24faaPost:f6926ccf-7c6b-4a41-8772-10c8882732c2">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you get a parrot? 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>not me.  but my crew-mate has a fake one.  

</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99b0d1d6-3c2e-4f3a-844b-4a55d4e24faaPost:16e5d368-d827-4910-a8e1-24a305dc5212">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone get to wear a peg leg?
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

<div>No peg legs.   We do have a sword fight and the kids get to push someone in the water.</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards