Asian Weddings
Options

Vietnamese wedding planner/consultant - DFW

Hi - does anyone know where I could find a wedding planner/consultant in teh DFW area who is familiar with Vietnamese weddings? I'm American born Vietnamese (mid-30s) marrying a Caucasian guy so I would like to incorporate elements of both (ie Asian ceremony, American reception decor). Thanks!!

Re: Vietnamese wedding planner/consultant - DFW

• Options
    Have you tried posting on your local board? If you have trouble finding one, can you ask your family to help with the Vietnamese part? I'm also Vietnamese American, and we were able to incorporate Vietnamese traditions into our Westernized ceremony and reception easily. I had a DOC. She was not Asian, and it worked out fine. I let my family handle the Vietnamese parts.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    I will try posting to my local board, thanks for the suggestion. I am new to theknot and didn't even know there WERE local boards. We have actually decided to do two ceremonies, one Viet with a Viet-style reception, and then the legal "white" wedding with an American style reception. Twice the stress! :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_asian-weddings_vietnamese-wedding-plannerconsultant-dfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:663Discussion:6b73c254-5c59-4773-83da-1cd5389dcc77Post:c34c16c1-2520-4715-a50c-1cde7ae8b643">Re: Vietnamese wedding planner/consultant - DFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried posting on your local board? If you have trouble finding one, can you ask your family to help with the Vietnamese part? I'm also Vietnamese American, and we were able to incorporate Vietnamese traditions into our Westernized ceremony and reception easily. I had a DOC. She was not Asian, and it worked out fine. I let my family handle the Vietnamese parts.
    Posted by t12ubeauty[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards