Flowers

Tulips?

I'm getting married in April and I love tulips.  Anyone else using Tulips as their flowers for their wedding?  Show pictures if you have any!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Tulips?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is has been discussed here before and the results have been mixed.  I did a mockup of a tulip centerpiece for my wedding and I'm glad I did.  They were droopy and I wasn't happy with them at all so I nixed them.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have pictures, but I've seen simple centerpieces with mixed tulips in square vases. It was great and very casual. Next time you buy flowers get tulips and play a little.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had tulips along with several other flowers.  Pics in my married bio.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I found this photo and absolutely love it!  I am working with my florist to recreate it but she thinks we need 6-7 dozen tulips to cover.  It is becoming more expensive than you would think for tu

lips.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I plan to have a couple of tulips in my bouquet, which will look something like this ...

or this ...

• edited December 2011
    My bouquet will be all fresh tulips (just shy of 2 dozen), as will my bridesmaids bouquets (about a dozen each). The bouts and corsages will be artifical tulips.

My florist said that she has used tulips before and had no problems, except that sometimes they grow even after they've been cut and she's ended up with tulips towering over other flowers in bouquets. She said that this won't be such a problem with mine because the bouquets will be all tulips, so it will be easier to blend in/adjust a few taller ones if it happens. She also said that as long as we leave them in water when they aren't being used for pics or in the ceremony they'll be fine.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I love tulips!  I would really like to have all tulips in my bouquet, but I'm getting married in September so I'm afraid they will be terribly expensive.  April will be a great time for tulips though.  I think they have such a simple, clean look.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards