New York-Long Island

Westbury Manor

Anyone have info about the Westbury Manor?

Re: Westbury Manor

• ren6121ren6121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i do I'm getting married there!!!!!!  What do you wanna know?
  • BooetteBooette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Congrats! I am going to look at it tomorrow. Anything u can offer? how is ballroom? where is cocktail? food?

Thanks so much!

so far pics look great on website.
  • ren6121ren6121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The mansion is very cozy and vintage.  The staff at Westbury Manor are more then amazing, so helpful and always polite.  If you plan on getting married during the warmer seasons, the gardens are spectacular.  I am having my wedding in the garden room, as we are having around 120 people.  The garden room also comes with another room, the library.  The library is great for guests who want to get away from the music and lounge.  As far as the food goes, the manor is owned by the scotto's brothers, so it's amazing.  What sets the manor apart from the rest, is that the guests have a choice of seven dinners, not just the typical chicken, beef, fish.  Their cocktail hour is crazy too.  Another thing i love is that chair covers and  linens are included in a variety of different colors.  To cut the cost of our wedding we are having it on a Sunday and they are giving our guests a continental breakfast before the ceremony.  We are getting married in the Spring so our cocktail hour will be outside in the gardens, if it's not nice out we will have it in the polo lounge rest.  Hopefully you have Lorena, she is my banquet manager.  If you have anyother questions, feel free to ask.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married there in October 2007 (and my sister is getting married there in December) and cannot say enough good things about them. I feel like compared to the other venues for a similar $$$ you get so much more (as mentioned by pp!) They made sure I didn't have to worry about a thing! You even get an attendant assigned to you who will literally take care of WHATEVER you need (including help holding your dress while you need to use the restroom! 

We also were in the Garden Room and it was so nice for the guests to be able to sit and have a conversation in another room than the band! 

We had a fall wedding and were still able to have an outdoor cocktail hour. (the backup plan was to have it in the room upstairs) It was spectacular!  GL and let me know if you have any other questions (either pm me or page me on the Philly Board!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • BooetteBooette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thank you so much ladies. I am excited to see it tomorrow. I will keep you posted!
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I'm n ot crazy about the shared bathrooms or multiple events happening at the same time (and thus creating long long valet lines). the service is ok, food is good.

• edited December 2011

True the staff, the food, the gardens, everything about the Westbury Manor is catering at its best, but keep in mind that although they say the Manor room (which is the largest room) holds 300 people, 225 to 240 is all that fits comfortably. We had an amazing time and so did our guests. If you haven't gone yet when you go see Felicia, she's amazing.

• dcnzweddingdcnzwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married there back in 2009..it was a really nice place
  • emily521emily521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going for the first time in two weeks to look at places for the first time and would love to add this place to my list since everyone has such great things to say about it.  My main concern for all the places I am visiting is COST per person.  How is the Westbury Manor regarding price??  Thanks for ANY info.. it's appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards