Michigan-Detroit

Where to go for make-up and hair?

Can anyone recommend a salon in the Birmingham - Bloomfield - Troy area where I can get my wedding hair and make-up done?  I feel like I am blindly searching the Internet right now!

Re: Where to go for make-up and hair?

• I see Amy at Black the Salon in Royal Oak and love her.  She does hair and makeup.
    Anniversary
  • I've used Avalon for spa services, but they have a salon too. Right on Woodward.

I think my friend uses a salon in the same block as well, don't know the name for sure. Maybe Dimitri's or something like that?
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Got nails, hair & makeup done at Bellezza Salon in Auburn Hills.  At Squirrel and University. (Across the street from Oakland University.) They were amazing.  Took care of all of us - bridesmaids, MOG, MOB and me too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic 195image 155image 40image
  • Have you considered on-site hair and makeup? We used BridesMaid Beautiful, didn't have to leave our hotel room, and I was definitely surprised that it was actually very similar costs to salons.
  • Thanks for the replies, everyone.  :)

I'll take a closer look at Bellezza Salon  and Black the Salon.  And I have heard good things about Bridesmaid Beautiful, but I kind of want my stylist to wash my hair, which he or she could not do if they came to the site.  

Does anyone have any experience with Azenza Salon in Birmingham?  One person recommended it in the vendor recommendations sticky.
  • Amber Kaczmarek - the makeup artist at Azenza - is amazing! She'll travel offsite, too. I highly recommend her!

• 6 Salon in either B'ham or Royal Oak...absolutely amazing.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the recommendations, everyone!  You have been so helpful.

Has anyone ever been to Azenza Salon in Birmingham?  Someone had recommended it in the vendor review sticky,
  • RED the Salon is by far and wide the best.  They have the most talented stylists and management will make your day special - with champagne and attention.  They are incredibly accommodating and understand the importance of your getting ready time with your photographer.

I would recommend Monica, Sara C., Jacki or Shelley for wedding day hair.  You can also get makeup done with one of their talented makeup artists, as well as a mani pedi like you've NEVER experienced.  Reasonably priced and crazy talented!!!!
    248.203.1313 talk to Ryan for recommendations!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards