DC
Options

HR jobs - Can anyone help??

Hi Ladies!
I'm usually a northern NJ knottie but I thought this board may work.  My fiancee lives in Maryland and I live in NJ.  I want to move down to the DC area to (finally!!!!!) be with my fiancee, but the job market is tough for an out of towner!  Does anyone know of any Human Resources positions available in MD, DC or Northern VA? 

Long story short, my fiancee and I met in college at UMD, and have been doing the long distance relationship for the last 5 years!! If anyone knows of anything, it would be GREATLY appreciated! TIA!

Re: HR jobs - Can anyone help??

• Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would suggest getting in touch with a Temp Agency around here, I just graduated UMD last year and that's how I found my job.

Good luck!

Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    ctalley83ctalley83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would also reccomend a staffing company. What type of HR are you looking for? Generalist positions or recruiting? I started at a company called Aerotek as a recruiter (I don't exactly reccomend doing THAT in particular, but it was great for my first "big girl" job right out of college when I first moved here to be with the boy...) but they have a professional services division that staff people in that line of work. If you're looking for recruiting positions there's also a company called Adecco (they used to be Beeline and got bought by Adecco) that recruits recruiters or Mergis Group.

With the economy starting to pick up HR positions are coming back around so you may have some luck. While I was searching for new jobs I also subscribed to a website jobcircle.com that sends you emails with available jobs you might be interested in.

Good luck!! I'm a Jersey transplant myself :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also definitely take a look at

Washingtonpost.com

Indeed.com

craigslist.com

simplyhired.com

and even careerbuilder.com

Do a search for HR jobs on all of these sites and you will find a large amount.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you are still looking at this thread but also check out shrm.org. You don't have to be a memeber to look and post to the jobs on the site. I've always had good luck with it. Also, since this area has a lot of Federal Contractors go to the Booz Allen's and the Northup's of the world, most are located or have some sort of office here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards