January 2012 Weddings

Top 10 Wedding Memories

I finally got my pro pictures back from our wedding and am starting to do some photo projects with them. Well for one of them, I thought "you know how in theknot mag whenever they feature a wedding, they always have the bride list her top ten wedding memories?" Well I decided to do that with some pictures of the event and make a collage poster of it. Then I thought "I wonder what my fellow Jan. 2012 knotties memories are!" So here's mine and share yours! I'll post this over at the Facebook group too.

Amber's Top Ten Wedding Memories: Jan. 21st 2012
1. Walking up to our first dance song playing on my Nook Color. I was listening to Pandora the night before to help me sleep.
2. Looking outside and seeing the roads plowed and the sun was out. We had had a pretty bad snow storm the night before and I was worried that affect who was coming.
3. Playing Apples to Apples with my bridesmaids while we waited to get ready to calm my nerves.
4. Seeing the look on my dad's face when I first walked out to him all dressed up as a Bride
5. Praying with my bridesmaids and my close friends from college before the ceremony
6. The look on Tyler's face when I first walked out---he cried.
7. Reading our vows to each other that we both wrote.
8. The Best Man and Tyler' brothers speeches: They both thanked me for being one of the best things that had ever happened to Tyler and for making him so happy. I cried.
9. The look on my dad's face when he realized that I picked "Hail to the Victors" and "In the Big House"---University of Michigan songs for our Dad/Daughter dance. We are both HUGE U of M football fans
10. Reading our cards at the hotel after the wedding and realizing just how amazing and how large our support circle of friends and family are.

So that's it! There's are probably fifty or so more but these are the big ones. Can't wait to hear everyone elses!
09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook

Re: Top 10 Wedding Memories

• Apples to apples?
  • Note sure if we will make it to ten, but I will try...

1) The look on her face when she looked up at me for our first look pictures.

2) Us spending the entire wedding trying not to cry as we held each other's hands and then both crying at the same time.

3) The look on her face when she saw them bringing out the special asian cake I had made for her.

4) The shock I had when we turned around for the pastor to pronounce us husband and wife.  We started on time and so there were a whole lot more people in the church when we turned around to walk out than there were when I watched her come down the isle.

5) Trying to get the bottle of wine open in the hotel room.

6) Stealing the limo while they were getting the ladies were getting their hair and make-up done.

7) Finding out from the limo driver that she cried when she saw that I got her a limo.

8) My mom walking up to me and asking "Did you know that there is a white limo outside waiting for you?"

9) My mom accidentally saying to us "If there's anything I can do to make you two miserable, let me know."

10) How amazingly all the random details came together.

Wow, I made it....
  • Okay here I go...

1.The look on my dad's face when he saw me for the first time. He had tears in his eyes and he NEVER shows his emotions

2. My H's smile when I was walking down the aisle

3. The priest's sirman. It was so special and personalized.

4. Looking out into the pews and seeing my family and friends.

5. My sister and the best man's speech. They were so nice!

6. My H's little 4 year old niece hanging onto my sister the entire time. They didn't know each other before this day!

7. My dad crying so much during our dance

8. The two congo lines that formed and were so much fun!

9. The cake turning everyone's teeth and toungs blue

10. The happiness my H and I felt the entire day was just wonderful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mark: It's this card game where there are green cards that have nouns on them and red cards that have adjectives on them. Who ever is "It" draws a green card and then everyone else has to use the red cards in their hands to describe it. Then the "it"person decides which one they like best. The fun part of is is either knowing or guessing what the person will find funny etc. It's one of my favorites and one of my bridesmaids brought it = )
    09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards