Arizona-Phoenix

petite bride looking for petite dresses

I'm 4'11 and less than 100lbs. So far in my experience, sample dresses i've tried on are size 12 and made for someone over 5'4. Some skirt styles flair at the hip but on me, it flairs out from my knees. Some A-lines look like ballgowns on me. It's been hard to get the feel for a dress. I would rather see fewer dress selections but in the right scale. I know another girl my size who had to have so many alterations done that she was unhappy with the final dress because it didn't fall like it was supposed to. Anyone know any designers that make petite dresses so I can narrow my search down? Or stores in town that carry smaller sample sizes?

Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

Re: petite bride looking for petite dresses

• blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only have heard that David's Bridal actually carries petite sizes
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm about your size, and I tried on alot of tiny dresses at Almond Tree Bridal.  I didn't buy my dress there, but it helped me see what style looked best on my body.  I ended up buying my dress at Brides by Demetrios.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried the bridal boutique at Neiman Marcus? I purchased my dresses from NM in Dallas. I'm petite as well, and I was usually able to try on all the dresses I liked in sizes 0 or 2. 

And if they don't happen to have a dress in your size, it seems like the larger sizes in some of the brands run a little small.

I also had a really good experience with the Alterations Department. Although I didn't need any major alterations to be made to the dress, they cleaned it, fixed loose threads, and reinforced the beading- all complementary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards