Florida-South Florida

Wedding Sites in Miami??? PLEASE HELP!

I am looking for a venue in Miami that can hold 200 people. I would like something interesting.

I have a question for all you gurus too...there is a hotel that judging by it's photos, I adore! It's a Mariott hotel that opens in July 2010. If I am looking for an October or November 2010 wedding...is it crazy to book at a place that's not open yet!?

I've only been engagement one month so please excuse my naivity!

Re: Wedding Sites in Miami??? PLEASE HELP!

• edited December 2011
    Hi and Welcome to the board.

Can you futher define Intersting?

Do you want something artsy? Modern? Traditional? Avant Garde?

What type of budget are you looking at and what part of Miami (Does that matter?)

Indoors or Outdoors?

All these things will help us to help you.

As for booking before a place is open, it really depends. I know a few girls on here (Jillian and Morgan) booked the W before it was fully opened. It really depends on whether you are comfortable w/ doing that... if it's partly done so you can at least do a hard hat tour, I think that would help!
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the boards.

Like Jaime said, give us a little more details so we can suggest a few places.
  • awaasawaas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you futher define interesting? 

My job requires me to do a lot of meetings at hotels. I am kind of bored of the standard hotel ballroom. I would like some interest to the space. 

Do you want something artsy? Modern? Traditional? Avant Garde?

I have two kinds of tastes when it comes to weddings, I love weddings in historical rustic places (not a whole lot in FL) or uber modern places. Again, the same old hotel is just not my thing. HOWEVER, I have to accept the limitations of South Florida, between Boca and Miami. 

What type of budget are you looking at and what part of Miami (Does that matter?)

We are looking for a venue with $130-$150/head. I am hoping to find a place with a good package. I would like an area of Miami that's convenient for out of town guests to get to.  

Indoors or Outdoors?

I'd have to go with indoors...I don't think I have the heart to plan an outdoors wedding! 

Thanks everyone! :) I could use any help I get. 
  • edited December 2011
    You might consider my venue The Epic Hotel. Definitely a unique and modern hotel and the ballroom is really cool.

The Viceroy is a very unique and interesting place, not sure what the prices there would be like but it might be worth a look.

Also the W hotel in Lauderdale is really cool and modern.

There are other places as well... but those are the first that come to mind. One Bal Harbour where Ayana is getting married is amazing but the space won't accomodate 200 ppl.

Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Eden Roc, the prices are in that range I believe and it is uber modern.  

Like Jaime said, Epic is awesome too.  You might try the Art Museum at UM, I know someone who just had a wedding there and it was really neat.
  • edited December 2011
    great reccs above. if you want rustic / historic check out the ancient Spanish monastery and the deering estate
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oh there is a really great modern art museum in boca/west palm too - great venue with amazing modern vibe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards