Canada-Ontario
Options

STD's

Hello,

Our wedding is in December, when is it acceptable to send out our STD's?

Thanks!

Re: STD's

• Options
    I did STDs for my American guests only just after Christmas (9 months' notice).  Most of them are driving distance over the border or I know they likely can't make it, but I would love it if they could.  We've informally told others of the date who are VIP and that's all.   Our wedding is super casual and I keep in touch with the OOT people online so I did a cute graphic and emailed the STDs.
  • Options
    The short answer--ASAP. 

Not everyone sends them out but if you want to give your guests a heads-up, it's not a bad idea since invitations are typically sent out just a few weeks (or a couple of months) before the wedding. Most people aim to get them out as soon as possible after they become engaged and know the pertinent info. As other posters mentioned, STDs become more important when you have many out-of-town guests who need to plan their trip in advance, if you're having a destination wedding, or perhaps if your wedding is taking place on a very busy weekend such as a long weekend in the summer when people are making their plans well in advance.

It's very common to send STDs as emails as well. Another fun idea is to have them printed on magnets so your guest can stick it on their fridge to remind them. The great thing about STDs is that they can be super casual!

Krystal Sandler -- Invitation designer, Toronto ON www.impressionsdesign.ca
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards