Ohio-Toledo
Options

Gown Alteration/Pregnancy Issue

I bought my gown before we found out I'm pregnant. The gown is a size 2, and the wedding isn't long after my due date. I highly doubt I will be fitting into a 2.
So my questions is, how easy would it be to remove a zipper and put in lacing? My main concern is it fitting in the chest now. Before, it really wasn't something for me to worry about, but obviously, that's a different story now. And the dress being an A-Line, i'm not overly worried about the stomach area. Which brings me to another question, Will making the dress a lace up save me from having to buy a new one with my concerns?
~Love is when two souls combine as one~

Re: Gown Alteration/Pregnancy Issue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a lot of girls post on other boards that putting a corset in the back can help save a dress that may be too small.  I would take the dress to whomever you plan on having do alterations and get their opinion.  If you love the dress it is worth a shot.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know most bridal shops will not let you return a dress, however I have heard of places exchanging a dress.  Maybe you can enchange the dress for a larger size now so that you will be less likely to have an issue later?  Might be worth a phone call.  Good luck.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any chance it's from David's Bridal?  They will let you do an even exchange of one gown for another.
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your pregnancy :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all!

I think I'm going to talk to my seamstress soon.
    ~Love is when two souls combine as one~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards