Not Engaged Yet

no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!

I LOVE this alfred angelo dress..if you go on his website it's #2119.  However still not engaged, although I know it will be before my birthday in September.

My question is...How long do you think that dress will be available? I'm not sure how long stores typically can order dresses for after they come out.

Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!

• edited December 2011
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't buy a dress.  Don't try on a dress.  Please don't plan your wedding until you are engaged.  If you insist on continuing with this insane line of thinking I...sorry sorry...we will get annoyed, and snarky.  

Wait until you are engaged to get a dress.  If you are not engaged do not get a dress.  You do not know when you will get engaged unless you're the one doing the asking - if it is him then I would suggest you wait until he does.

kthx.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    edited December 2011
    And if this is not MUD then I might cry.

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • CT324CT324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

maybe you should wait until you get the ring first. 

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:6f8c0535-4fc4-4cca-8d44-542e9d295782">no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE this alfred angelo dress..if you go on his website it's #2119.  However still not engaged, although I know it will be before my birthday in September. My question is...How long do you think that dress will be available? I'm not sure how long stores typically can order dresses for after they come out.
    Posted by lizwil10[/QUOTE]

Oh dear.

Stop looking at dresses.

Focus on your relationship and grow towards marriage. Then get engaged and decide TOGETHER what your wedding will look like. Go from there.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:6f8c0535-4fc4-4cca-8d44-542e9d295782">no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE this alfred angelo dress..if you go on his website it's #2119.  However still not engaged, although I know it will be before my birthday in September. My question is...How long do you think that dress will be available? I'm not sure how long stores typically can order dresses for after they come out.
    Posted by lizwil10[/QUOTE]

B-B-B-But Narwhal- The dress has POCKETS!!!! It would make the dress perfect for carrying your cell phone and updating your FB status AT the alter!!

In all honestly Liz, I love dresses with pockets. I have no clue how long they keep dresses, I've never actually looked into a wedding dress since I'm NEY. Wait until he proposes before you buy.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    My gosh BUY IT! And wear every day in front of BF (Future FI) until he asks you to marry him. It may help him get the hint and ask you sooner.

(Please note my sarcasm in the above)

It is okay to look at dresses and other things related to planning a wedding, occasionally. It is really over the top to consider and/or buy such things. ESPECIALLY the dress! Please stop. You are not engaged. Don't do that to yourself and obsess over your wedding. Just relax and enjoy your relationship.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:a95945fb-2faa-4f1d-838f-1ef8648dc71a">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My gosh BUY IT! And wear every day in front of BF (Future FI) until he asks you to marry him. It may help him get the hint and ask you sooner. 
    Posted by PhilliesPhan23[/QUOTE]

<div>ROFL omg...omg...BRILLIANT!  </div>

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Ack. Believe me, I know how hard it is to NOT look at things, but seriously. It's nice to have an idea of what you want, but don't take any serious steps like that before he actually proposes. Just because you think it'll be before September does not mean that it will be. Just take it slow.

Anyone watch "Say Yes to the Dress"? Remember that chick who went dress shopping before she was engaged? Oy.
  • edited December 2011
    So was it crazy for me to buy that double stroller last week?  I mean, I don't have a baby yet, but I'm just SO SURE i'll have twins that I figured I should just get it. And I'm SURE they'll be here in the next five years or so.  It has extra storage compartments if that helps.  I didn't think they would hold it much longer, you know?  And it was only 400 dollars.. It's at Babies R Us if you wanna check it out.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:8f2dbba1-4042-42cf-8d41-abce8b0bc8de">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Anyone watch "Say Yes to the Dress"? Remember that chick who went dress shopping before she was engaged? Oy.
    Posted by slowdancin2rock[/QUOTE]

BF's mom told me the other day we should make a girls trip to Klienfeld's and try on dresses. I reminded her that were not engaged and she saw no reason why that would be a problem. If I think David's Bridal would give me the side eye, I can't imagine what the Klienfeld's girls would do to me.
    imageimageimageimage
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:cb310e83-327c-4f00-866f-1530aa2120a8">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress! : BF's mom told me the other day we should make a girls trip to Klienfeld's and try on dresses. I reminded her that were not engaged and she saw no reason why that would be a problem. If I think David's Bridal would give me the side eye, I can't imagine what the Klienfeld's girls would do to me.
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]

<div>They would eat you for breakfast :X</div>

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:ae2890a3-df95-481d-af85-b96916c1e1e0">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So was it crazy for me to buy that double stroller last week?  I mean, I don't have a baby yet, but I'm just SO SURE i'll have twins that I figured I should just get it. And I'm SURE they'll be here in the next five years or so.  It has extra storage compartments if that helps.  I didn't think they would hold it much longer, you know?  And it was only 400 dollars.. It's at Babies R Us if you wanna check it out.
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

It's only crazy if your not unofficially pregnant.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:cb310e83-327c-4f00-866f-1530aa2120a8">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress! : BF's mom told me the other day we should make a girls trip to Klienfeld's and try on dresses. I reminded her that were not engaged and she saw no reason why that would be a problem. If I think David's Bridal would give me the side eye, I can't imagine what the Klienfeld's girls would do to me.
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]

One of the main reasons I wouldn't do that is because I don't want to take away from when I'm actually engaged.
  • edited December 2011
    Well I'm planning on being pregnant. And I have an awesome relationship with my FBD/FH/FFI.  I know he has spermies and I have eggs, they just haven't gotten to know each other well enough yet.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Oh, in that case..YOUR GOOD!

imageimageimageimage
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:fae9760e-8082-4df4-95c4-1e37a7906e59">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress! : <strong>One of the main reasons I wouldn't do that is because I don't want to take away from when I'm actually engaged.</strong>
    Posted by slowdancin2rock[/QUOTE]

THISSSSS.

No one realizes how they are robbing themselves of the experience when they start planning their wedding before they should.

I can't express how FUN it is to plan our wedding together, as an engaged couple.
  • edited December 2011

Sidenote- why does every thread somehow become a discussion about babies?

imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Because I'm ovulating.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    *headdesk*

NO. Stop looking at dresses or anything wedding related. Start talking to your BF about where your relationship is going. And most definitely don't buy a dress before you're engaged.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:ae2890a3-df95-481d-af85-b96916c1e1e0">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So was it crazy for me to buy that double stroller last week?  I mean, I don't have a baby yet, but I'm just SO SURE i'll have twins that I figured I should just get it. And I'm SURE they'll be here in the next five years or so.  It has extra storage compartments if that helps.  I didn't think they would hold it much longer, you know?  And it was only 400 dollars.. It's at Babies R Us if you wanna check it out.

Link? ; )
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    NARWHAL... ROFLMAO...  you are my newest favorite.  I love you.

To OP - STOP... in the name of love, before you break my heart!  I too, expect to be engaged by the end of the year.  Possibly end of summer.  I'm so in love and my BF is awesome.... but I've made a pact with myself not to seek out any wedding planning stuffs!

If your engagement will not be long enough to allow dress shopping, RETHINK!  If you are dress shopping now, RETHINK!  If things for some reason don't work out the way you think (ie sinkhole, succumbus, or freak dodgeball accident) you will not have all these ideas built up first.

That said, we will be waiting until after my BF finishes his PhD to get married, so that's Spring 2012.  I accidentally found a great dress on White House Black Market but I'm saving it as inspiration for my style, rather than a firm decision.  Otherwise, no mags, no surfing, and no talking to vendors until my BF is going with me as a FI!
    Love isn't how you feel. It's what you do. --Madeleine L'Engle in "A Wind in the Door"
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:ae2890a3-df95-481d-af85-b96916c1e1e0">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:

Love it!
  • edited December 2011
    and the WHBM dress is http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/Product_Images/570002682_190.jpg if you like a peek.  I love the hem!
    Love isn't how you feel. It's what you do. --Madeleine L'Engle in "A Wind in the Door"
  • edited December 2011
    1337 - that dress is beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    1337, I'd be afraid that I would sit down and forget it was shorter in the front and show everyone my something blue underoos.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:90135582-2aee-4fdd-8419-a874f3f8b2ea">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]NARWHAL... ROFLMAO...  you are my newest favorite.  I love you. To OP - STOP... in the name of love, before you break my heart!  I too, expect to be engaged by the end of the year.  Possibly end of summer.  I'm so in love and my BF is awesome.... but I've made a pact with myself not to seek out any wedding planning stuffs! If your engagement will not be long enough to allow dress shopping, RETHINK!  If you are dress shopping now, RETHINK!  If things for some reason don't work out the way you think (ie sinkhole, succumbus, or freak dodgeball accident) you will not have all these ideas built up first. That said, we will be waiting until after my BF finishes his PhD to get married, so that's Spring 2012.  I accidentally found a great dress on White House Black Market but I'm saving it as inspiration for my style, rather than a firm decision.  Otherwise, no mags, no surfing, and no talking to vendors until my BF is going with me as a FI!
    Posted by 1337love[/QUOTE]

You are MY newest fave! 

The rest of you ladies are still hilarious. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this board.
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    For the record, OP didn't say she was BUYING the dress. She said she LIKES the dress and was asking how long a particular season of dress is available. To answer her question, I'd think if you are engaged by September it would be no problem to find this dress. (Also, if you haven't tried it on - if you have please don't admit it since I'm sticking up for you here - you might not end up LOVING this dress. You never know how they'll look on.)

I also think (know?) MOST people on this board have looked at something wedding-related before they were engaged and found a cake they thought was cool, flowers they like, or some other wedding item. We don't BUY them. And OP wasn't saying she was going to BUY this dress. It would be like asking if tulips are in season or can be ordered in October. You're not ordering them now - just curious.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-found-perfect-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a1721ff8-9266-479c-8fd8-c2705db0da89Post:90135582-2aee-4fdd-8419-a874f3f8b2ea">Re: no ring yet, but found the perfect dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]NARWHAL... ROFLMAO...  you are my newest favorite.  I love you. To OP - STOP... in the name of love, before you break my heart!  I too, expect to be engaged by the end of the year.  Possibly end of summer.  I'm so in love and my BF is awesome.... but I've made a pact with myself not to seek out any wedding planning stuffs! If your engagement will not be long enough to allow dress shopping, RETHINK!  If you are dress shopping now, RETHINK!  If things for some reason don't work out the way you think (ie sinkhole, succumbus, or freak dodgeball accident) you will not have all these ideas built up first. That said, we will be waiting until after my BF finishes his PhD to get married, so that's Spring 2012.  I accidentally found a great dress on White House Black Market but I'm saving it as inspiration for my style, rather than a firm decision.  Otherwise, no mags, no surfing, and no talking to vendors until my BF is going with me as a FI!
    Posted by 1337love[/QUOTE]

My noob fave, anyone that can correctly use succumbus in a sentence, I like!

OP, even if AA doesn't have that dress is stock, many times they have plenty of samples or you could e-bay it for even less. Please please please please do not try on the dress until you are engaged. Things change, styles change. You'll change!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry about one particular dress right now , styles change and when you try it one AFTER YOU ARE ENGAGED , you may find you don't even like it on you. Looking at things and finding thingsa you like is fine , that's actually normal , however , pining away at it and worrying if you won't be able tyo have that exact one if you don't do something about it right now..is crossing the line.

Take it from me , I just bought my dress , and I bought one I NEVER would have thought would even look good on me , but I went in with an open mind and found my dream dress off the rack , 2 months before my wedding. Moral of the story is - get engaged , then find the dress , and if plans change you can still find something amazing even if you had another plan in place.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards