Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Thinking of doing photosharing cards?

I thought I would share with you brides-in-planning this post from my anniversary board. I know a lot of people do photo sharing cards now. I did them and was really excited for them! But to be honest, they don't always earn their worth, haha. Just a little something for you to consider if you feel like you HAVE to do these because everyone else is ...

HTH!
Married and lovin' it!
Our Wedding! (click.)

Re: Thinking of doing photosharing cards?

• edited December 2011
    Ditto. Hardly anyone has uploaded pics to ours, despite my mom stalking it multiple times a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice.  I like the idea of putting them in the thank you cards. 
    Anniversary
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did them and I got free cards from Vistaprint.  Only two people uploaded photos, even when I sent them out with thank yous.  Not worth it in my opinion.
  • edited December 2011
    Well at least they were cheap for me I guess... :)
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think if even one person uses them they are worth it. We got our from VP so they were less than $5. So far three people have used them but there are 442 pictures in total from those three people that we would have had to track down if we didnt have the site. So no not a lot of people used it so far - but we did include them in our Thank Yous but I am really glad we got the pictures we have.

• edited December 2011
    I agree its so cheap (mine were $5 for shipping) that its worth it.

I know most will use Facebook but a few that dont may use the site.
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, ours were super cheap, too, so it's not a lot of effort -- but maybe a reality check in case some were so excited about everyone using it. :) We got a lot of pics from Facebook, which was good enough for us! And other people sent us pics through email.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing this. I bought the $5 cards on VP because with the hype they've been getting I thought that they worked really well. Now I will know what to expect. Maybe it is kind of like the experience I've been having with my wedpage. Nobody has even used the "song request" page that I was really looking forward to going through. 
    Photobucket
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_thinking-of-doing-photosharing-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ccfd4776-6864-423a-b778-40d1f4f0897aPost:19dbf588-ee4c-4979-9510-5236f92e3154">Re: Thinking of doing photosharing cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for sharing this. I bought the $5 cards on VP because with the hype they've been getting I thought that they worked really well. Now I will know what to expect. Maybe it is kind of like the experience I've been having with my wedpage. Nobody has even used the "song request" page that I was really looking forward to going through. 
    Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

<div>No problem! Glad to ease the blow, haha. It's really not a big deal, obviously, but nice to know, anyhow. </div><div>
    </div><div>As for your webpage, I'm guessing there's not a lot of play on it yet because your wedding is still 10 months away, right? It's a big deal to you because you're swimming in the planning of it, but the majority of people won't get very excited for it until much closer to the date (after save-the-dates you'll see activity, and even more after invites go out). So stay excited for that, maybe it'll happen!</div>
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards