Tennessee
Options

Memphis venue suggestions

Hey ladies.  I'm looking for suggestions of Memphis venues for a reception.  I have a year and 1/2 until my wedding and want to check out what's out there.  Can you tell me what you're using, experience, regulations, location, cost, etc.?  Thanks!

Re: Memphis venue suggestions

• Options
    laurenfplaurenfp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Depends on what kind of bive you are going for and what location. I would have booked the Brooks Museum or the Memphis Zoo if they hadn't already been booked for my date. The Botanic Gardens, Central train station, opera memphis, memphis waterworks, cadre building, river terrace are all some choices. There are so many great places available.  Not sure on the costs and regulations of all of these places, but they look good!

I

HOpe this helps some!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you go to premierbride.com they have tons of venues listed. 
  • Options
    laurenfplaurenfp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pb is good and has a lot of coupons! Also, mymemphiswedding.com has some good resources.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The above are some great suggestions.  Also try the Vine and Magnolia Room. 

Need a photographer....check us out! 
    www.twiceaschic.smugmug.com

*Packages start at $850 and include's CD!*
  • Options
    katiepridekatiepride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is going to be at The Racquet Club. Very reasonably priced and the ballroom is amazing!
  • Options
    mgonzalez13mgonzalez13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for something a little different, we used the Westin on Beale Street.  The prices were reasonable (no cost to rent the space, just a food minimum) and they took care of so many of the details.  The coordinator and staff were fantastic and made sure everything ran smoothly.  The space for weddings/receptions is the entire second floor, so it has a really great private feel.
  • Options
    pinklavenderpinklavender member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How was the parking for the Westin? Also, did you have your ceremony nearby?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married in the courtyard at the Memphis Zoo because my church was in the midtown area. I was very happy with it--only thing is I wish someone had told me to rent some lighting because it got pretty dark once the sun set. Similar thing with Northwest Passage--we had a work event and it was way too bright for anyone to want to dance. Both things that are manageable with rented lighting. (But having the polar bears there was AWESOME) The venues-and staff-are fantastic otherwise. The courtyard was very inexpensive but you have to provide all the tables, chairs and linens, so it makes up the cost. It was so worth the extra effort though--I got to truly customize the look of my reception.

Another thought-if you're doing ceremony/reception all together, or if you are open to the north Mississippi area, check out Bonne Terre Inn. Full disclosure, they are a client, but I got engaged there and also when I used to write for a wedding magazine, interviewed a bride who got married there who raved about it. The place is absolutely beautiful. Worth a look for sure!
  • Options
    ljackson1127ljackson1127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although it can be a little pricey.....The Esplanade is beautiful.  There is also Club Winward.

I also second Racquet Club and the Zoo.  It all depends on your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards