New York-Long Island
Options

...DIY Cake Topper....

...so me and my fiance are big animal people, in particular cats. I had two when I lived with my mom, Charlie and Andy. Andy is over 15 years old. And my fiance found Charlie as a kitten in the sprinkler room at his job. 

I wanted to have a very personalized cake topper incorporating the whole Cat thing, having an arts eduaction background I decided to try making one myself.

I made wire and tin foil armatures, and used Sculpey to build up the features, the first one the groom baked in no time. I like how he turned out. I tried to give him my fiance's hair color, and features.

The bride has yet to be built up on....and his eyes need to be painted in and other details added, flowers, and such....

....pretty psyched to see them up together on the cake....I think anyone with even a modicum of artistic inclination could do something like this. Sculpey is super easy to work with, and bakes right in the home oven.  I was feeling stressed out about the wedding but doing this project has actually helped ease my stress. Something about kneading clay and focusing one's energies.
Just wanted to share and inspire...Smile

Re: ...DIY Cake Topper....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards