New York-Long Island

Venue advice pls....

Have any of you ladies checked out woodbury country club? Trying to get different opinions on the space... Also what venues are you ladies using? I'm still searching for the perfect space

Re: Venue advice pls....

• That GalThat Gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're getting married at Bellport Country club in suffolk county.. its very elegant and traditional- sort of with an old plantation feel.  I guess it depends on your budget, tastes and locaton.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

What is your price range?  When do you want to get married?  What type of space are you looking for (casual, modern, traditional, etc.)?  It's hard to provide advice without that information, because the venue I think is perfect might not be what you have in mind.

Personally, I'm getting married at the Fox Hollow and I'm very happy with it so far.

imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Nursey983Nursey983 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woodbury Country Club was our second choice-we ended up going with Fox Hollow-I just could not get it out of my head!
  • I'm looking to get married in March of 2014... My theme is Hollywood glamour... I'm more of a modern person... I would like to stay under $80 per person... I'm looking for something with that wow affect but not to pricey...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_venue-advice-pls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:c8893e7b-a19a-4392-9c8b-b0cb29da89cfPost:edfefd73-416b-4cc2-8853-f724c3722571">Re: Venue advice pls....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking to get married in March of 2014... My theme is Hollywood glamour... I'm more of a modern person... I would like to stay under $80 per person... I'm looking for something with that wow affect but not to pricey...
    Posted by MrsWindley2013[/QUOTE]

First of all, your wedding is almost 3 years away - it's a little early to be looking for a venue (especially in March, that's an off-season month, so you shouldn't have much of an issue booking then, unless you're trying to get married on a particularly popular day (dates like 11/11/11 or 9/10/11 tend to book up fast).  That said, I think you will be extremely hard-pressed to find a "modern" venue on LI for that price.  There are some great places out there for around $80 a person (especially if you go with a Friday or Sunday wedding, or a Saturday afternoon), but the places that have the look it sounds like you're going for (I'm thinking primarily Hotel Allegria in Long Beach, I don't know of any others with that look) are much, much more expensive than $80 pp.  You might want to consider expanding your search to restaurants or venues in NYC.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Thanks I have a place in mind.. U ladies were helpful...
  • Carlyle on the Green in the Bethpage State Park - it is beautiful
  • I'm getting married at the Riviera in Brooklyn! It's a little pricey. We originally weren't going to book there but we saved on other venues by booking with them. When we went to see the place we fell in love with it. They offer so much with the package it was very hard to refuse. Since we booked early we saved on the amount per person. It's better to book early because many of theses places go up in price every year. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards