North Carolina

Happy Thursday!

I had the strangest WR dream last night.  We have our venue for the entire day, I dreamed that they double booked it for the afternoon.  There was a mariachi band set to begin playing about an hour and a half into our reception.  There wasn't another party, just the band.  I was so mad.  I hate mariachi bands.  They were going to be loud and obnoxious and overwhelm our string quartet, I just knew it.  Then I woke up an hour before my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep.  :(

So how's your morning so far?

Re: Happy Thursday!

• edited December 2011
    Mary, sorry that you couldn't get back to sleep but the "La Bamba" dream is a little bit funny...could you picture them walking around in their shiny outfits swaying their guitars and singing in your guests faces...no bueno!  I am meeting with the florist today during my lunch break to finalize bouquet what-not and then one more workday until the weekend--woohoo.  Have a good day ladies!
    Addie and Matt - October 16, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    haha Mary, that's so funny. I've been having wedding dreams for months, and I don't like them at all. My favorite so far has been dreaming that I forgot to send out the invites, so when it came time for the wedding, no one was there... Oh, and I have a real fear of birds, they showed us the movie in middle school and it scarred me for life, well I had a dream I was attacked by seagulls while I was trying to walk down the aisle, it really made me reconsider having a beach wedding! lol.

Just think, in a few weeks, those dreams won't be happening anymore. :o)

Good morning everyone!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone! I've been MIA for a while, school/work is getting intense, lol.  I hope everyone has a great Thursday! I'm SOOOO excited about all of my favorite TV shows returning tonight. It's what's going to get me through the day. :) 
  • jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! I have been super MIA lately, but just trying to keep on with the job search and getting through life in general. Haven't had much time for wedding planning and now I am starting to stress! Mary, sorry about the dream, but it is a little funny in retrospect :) Hope everyone has great thursdays! We are almost at friday! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

I haven't had any wedding dreams yet but as I get closer I bet I will.  I have pretty vivid dreams too and talk in my sleep during them. So we'll see! Mary - I hate it when you wake up early and can't go back to sleep!

So my friend just sent me a neat thing that she found on a blog. A bride received a letter from the President congratulating her on her marriage! http://tinyurl.com/28r4l3t I definently want to do this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  I can't remember now what kind of dreams I had but I remember having some wacky ones myself.

Today is a funky day for me.  One of our best friends lives a couple of miles down the road and the cable/internet people can only come during the day.  So he asked me to go over to his house when they got here to let them in.  I just realized my nextel JUNK isn't receiving text messages so I hope he hadn't tried sending me a message! 

Will do some cleaning today then I have to make the 1 hour commute through rush hour traffic to get to class tonight.  Looking forward to the weekend...one of my best friends is having her bridal shower and bachelorette festivities this weekend.  Its going to be fun to do it all on the flip side now for the first time =)

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely think the dream was funny.  I mean, where does one's brain get this stuff?  This is only my 3rd WR dream in 14 months of planning, so I don't think that's too bad.

Holly I dreamed once that we forgot to send invitations too.  So the morning-of we passed out flyers at the main intersection in town.  I kept saying "we'll get the same people anyway!", I come from a small town. 

I'm lucky all my wedding related dreams have been silly!
  • SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_happy-thursday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:0ec781b5-347a-4381-be41-493500d4f687Post:5ae0746a-14db-48ef-a0b8-7eca68c3509a">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my friend just sent me a neat thing that she found on a blog. A bride received a letter from the President congratulating her on her marriage! <a href="http://tinyurl.com/28r4l3t" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/28r4l3t</a> I definently want to do this.
    Posted by jennimc321[/QUOTE]

That is too cool!  One of my friends sent an invitation Bev Perdue and President Obama...she got her response card back (No) from Bev Perdue but didn't get anything back from the Obamas...we were going to do the same just to see what we could get but got caught up and didn't think about it again.  Very fun!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_happy-thursday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:0ec781b5-347a-4381-be41-493500d4f687Post:87caa313-371c-446d-9370-87b6d3afa4d2">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Oh, and I have a real fear of birds, they showed us the movie in middle school and it scarred me for life, well I had a dream I was attacked by seagulls while I was trying to walk down the aisle, it really made me reconsider having a beach wedding!Posted by FutureMrsFraser[/QUOTE]

I used to be TERRIFIED of birds!  I had a bad experience with one when we lived in FL that got stuck in our screened in pool area -- it had a beak like 6 inches long an didn't like that I was using the pool skimmer to try to nudge it towards the door so it could get out...also, the seagulls divebombing at the beach, and reading the short story of the Birds(the movie didn't bother me that bad, but the story I read
    was a lot more descriptive!), and for years I wouldn't go anywhere near birds.  Somehow I grew out of it, and now enjoy watching the birds that eat off our birdfeeder :)

I am so ready for this week to be over, it has been an emotional rollercoaster.  Just three more weeks of work to get through, bu they will be awkward and miserable!

But....today we are 30 days out!! Yay!
  • edited December 2011
    Happy day girls!!!   I don't know all that is in store for the day yet, but I'm hoping get a lot more things crossed of my to-do list because I want to be able to take it easy next week before the wedding...at least be finished with everything WR by about Wednesday or Thursday!  I've had plenty of WR dreams, so I completely understand them!  I also had the "forgot to send the invites" dream.  When the big day came, no one was there except my mom and FI & I.  Crazzzzyyy!  I also sent an invite out to the President and a few celebrities because I had heard that they tend to send you back a little keepsake like that.  I thought it would be really cute to have for my scrapbook.  The only person I have heard back from was Paula Deen...she sent me an autographed photo of her.  We had a bunch of extra invites leftover, so I had to do something with them...lol!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, wedding nightmares are how I remember stuff I need to do! :)

Hope everyone's day is going well, mine is a little crazy- after our event next week at work I should be able to relax for a little while before wedding stuff kicks in!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    My fiance had a dream last night that he couldn't find his jacket or shoes and was late to the wedding and couldn't get his act together! I told him dreaming it is fine as long as it doesn't actually happen..

I just ordered the envelopes for my invitations. A little backwards but they were 50% off on vistaprint! Tomorrow we have a meeting with a baker and Saturday I'm looking at flowers. Check check check!! It is a happy Thursday!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge "Can't Live Without It" Snack
    Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend!
    June 4, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards