Missouri-St Louis

Outdoorsy Reception sites?

Hi!  Does anyone have any great ideas for an outdoorsy, garden-like, reception venue for a spring wedding?  I've already looked at The Butterfly House and The Piper Palm House.  Thanks!

Re: Outdoorsy Reception sites?

• anreynoldsanreynolds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try the jewel box? or the world's fair pavilion in forest park?
  • edited December 2011

I am not sure how formal or expensive you are wanting to do here....there are lots of city and county parks with gazebos and gardens that would be gorgeous and relatively inexpensive.  However, you could also look into Missouri Botanical Gardens, they have a number of locations, or I can't remember the names, but there are numerous chapels in the area that are outside or have parts of their grounds outside.  I am thinking there is one Caroline Vineyards out in Washington, MO.  There is another down in St. Louis, I don't remember, but I found it doing a simple search for locations in St. Louis.  There are a lot of options out there!

• mmdpmmmdpm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also try Quali Ridge Lodge in St. Charles county.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at Scape in the central west end. They have a great courtyard where you can have both ceremony and reception.  They also have a loft like room upstairs (Holds about 120).  And if it rains, they have a backup room downstairs or you can rent a tent.  They are amazing to work with. They don't have all these rules of what they say you can and cant do (which i encountered so many times at places I looked at, one told me I had to wait in the car, they couldn't hide me before the ceremony!) plus there is no room fees.  You pay for your food and bar only! Also, it right next to the Chase, a 30 second walk, so there is a place to stay before and after real close.
  • edited December 2011
    You could also look into Villa Antonio Winery (or any local winery) and Chimney Rock Guest House... I'm not sure of the fee, but they are both outdoorsy and pretty!
  • tchaser99tchaser99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Wine Country Gardens in Defiance?  I have yet to book mine, but I'm between Cedar Lake Farms in Wright City or Chandler Hill Vineyards. Both are beautiful. Cedar Lake Farms is opening their new "Cellar" soon, which looks very similar to Chandler Hill.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Wine Country Gardens in Defiance?  I have yet to book mine, but I'm between Cedar Lake Farms in Wright City or Chandler Hill Vineyards. Both are beautiful. Cedar Lake Farms is opening their new "Cellar" soon, which looks very similar to Chandler Hill.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the suggestion for Quail Ridge =)  We're having our reception there next year, and it's gorgeous!  They even let you use the gazebo behind the building for a ceremony!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how big your wedding is going to be, but I am having my wedding at Lone Elk Park. Its so pretty out there and there is a spot that you can rent that you won't be disturbed by the animals or people driving through the park.
  • edited December 2011
    any book the quail ridge lodge for september 2011?
  • edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at Cedar Lake Farm in Sept! The contact Michelle is so helpful and quick to respond! I think it will definitely be a risk having it outdoors but it's also going to be a reception that will be set apart from all the traditional indoor halls! Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Riverbend Chapel at Caroline Vineyards in Washington MO. You can have an outdoor ceremony on the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River OR you have a chapel that can seat 300 people in case of rain or if you choose to get married ourdoors. We are having our wedding there in May 2011 and we are having an indoor ceremony, you receive complimentary h'ors d'oeuvres for booking with them which will be help outdoors on the terrace and then everyone will be ushered downstairs for the grand entrance with the help of the day of wedding coordinator that you get with booking with this venue.

This venue is great as well b/c it has a lot of preferred vendors that make it easy if you don't have a ton of time or dont' want to deal with the hassle of finding your own DJ, caterer, cake baker, florist. We are choosing not to go with all the vendors b/c we have some other ideas for our day not b/c they weren't good. I was super impressed with their liquor service...my fiance and I wanted open bar and they were by far the cheapest I found per person, only $7.50!

Hope this helps! can't wait to hear who you decide to go with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards