October 2012 Weddings

QOTD 12/4

What is the worst/most embarassing thing that happened to you at your current job?

PS Go vote for the siggy in the sticky above.  :)
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD 12/4

• I have a CW who is anti pronouns.  I could be talking about Joh doe for 30 mins and the moment I say "he" she freaks out... WHO IS HE?!  Umm... the person I've been talking about for 30 mins.

Anyway, she also will hold on to your mistakes.  I misspoke and said I used table 1, instead of table 2... so she kept going back to table 1, even though I repeatedly said, I'm sorry I misspoke in the begining, I meant table 2... she hounded me for so long, confusing me, that I cried.  This was the first 6 months here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I haven't done anything embarassing here yet...my previous job was a school portrait photographer and i accidently set up all my equipment at the wrong school.  my boss called and asked where i was...then i realized i was at the wrong place so i had to tear down everything and race to the right school.   i didn't live that down for the whole season.
  • Nothing embarrassing, thank god. The worst thing was probably when a patient I had never met tried to forge my name on a letter to his employer.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Within my first 2 months of working here, we had a customer come to the counter so I went with my supervisor to talk with them, (you know learning experience and all).  Well we needed some forms which ended up getting a little mixed up so I turned to the person that put them there and said "which."  That's all just "which" because I figured out WHICH form I needed.  The next day all hell breaks loose because she went to management and told them that I called her a B!TCH in front of a customer.  I was completely mortified!!!  Nothing ever came of it, thank God.  It was so embarassing.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Luckily, the only thing I can think of isn't all THAT bad, I was once crazy awkward and sort of star-struck with a VIP we had at an event and if he was litening to what I was saying (which I don't really think he was) then he was probably like, "That girl's weird."

I'm sure there's been more embarrassing and I'm just repressing it because it brings me too much shame, ha.
    Anniversary
  • I have been here over 12 years, and saved most of my embarrassment for this last summer. I type too quickly and don't proof - and have messaged my boss 'Go tit' instead of 'Got it' on a number of occasions.

The most awful was send a text to him this summer meant for my then FI. It was a personal, racy, type of text, and I chose the wrong 'D' in the address book. Embarassed Since I couldn't take it back, I immediately called his office - and said "Just sent a text. DO NOT READ IT! Just delete it. It wasn't meant for you.' He said "Sure, no problem - I do that all the time!' Not like this!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • I've been here 8 years, I've done many embarassing things.  I can't really think of one.  I know I farted really loud in front of my supervisor once.
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • A couple of months ago I was dead tired from school and being sick. I was at the back desk ( I work in a call centre) and had a super pounding head ache. I put my head down for 2 seconds. My eyes were still open but no one could see that. No one bothered to tell me the vice president of the company walked into the control room. Next thing you know I feel a tap on my head and he's towering over me. Luckily he wasn't mad but it was still mortifying.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards