Wisconsin

"The Meadows" - Green Bay WI

Hi Ladies!  Has anyone been to a wedding at the Meadows? Or had their wedding there?  My Fiance and I checked it out, and it seems really nice, but I haven't heard much about it.  Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks!

Re: "The Meadows" - Green Bay WI

• KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be attending a wedding there July 31st!   A friend of mine was actually the first to have a wedding there when they were brand new, but I was unable to attend.  It seems really nice!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jollcm18jollcm18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would LOVE some feedback after you go :-) 

The lady I met with was super nice, and answered a ton of questions for me.  She was very professional and detailed.  I'm curious as to how the food is.  I asked about trying it, and they have a tasting for you once you sign a contract.  But what if I sign the contract and then find out the food is crummy?  I'm also wondering how their service is. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend is doing her ceremony there as well, out on the patio? which I didnt know was there.  I will definetly let you know what I think!
    Do you have any other choices in the running for your reception?  I really liked the Ravine! Its gorgeous, and very close to the Meadows...just a little more pricey I think. 
    I am having mine at Riverside Ballroom....I have been waiting to have my wedding there my whole life lol! I just love the old feel in there, its so pretty!
    edited December 2011
    I had no idea they even had a patio there!  My wedding will be in December of 2011 so I don't think I'll get to take advantage of it.  :-)

I thought of the Ravine also, but I was not really impressed by the guy that met with me.  And my wedding will be too small to have there - I think they require a min. of 300 people.  Their package price was around $30 per person, and you don't get as much as you do at Riverside. I also heard that the food is not very good. 

I was actually suprised how reasonable the prices are at The Meadows - it's actually not too much more than the Riverside, and they have a lot of options to chose from for food.  But you don't have the opportunity to try the food until you sign the contract, which makes me nervous.

Riverside and The Meadows are my top choices.  I LOVE the ballroom at Riverside - especially since I want an "Old Hollywood" feel for my wedding.  Unfortunately, my wedding won't be big enough to have in there - I would need to use the smaller room in back.  It's still pretty though. 

The guy I met with at Riverside was awesome.  He even offered to send some food home with us so we could try it.  I've been to quite a few Christmas parties there and the food was always delicious.  You have to try their knee caps :-)  (it's a pastry type thing that they make there)
  • lwogslandlwogsland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i've been to the meadows for a work seminar through aurora baycare in the past...the food was decent..service was fine too.. nothing too remarkable..but then again, work event...  :)

• edited December 2011
    We looked into The Meadows but ended up going with The Ravine :) The food there is great and the room is beautiful! ;) The Ravine has a 250 person mininum.
    Lori P.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!  The guy that I was supposed to meet with had something else come up, so I think that the person who showed me around wasn't as familiar with the in's and out's of the receptions there.  The view is gorgeous! I love the way they put lights on the trees outside (especially since I'm having a Dec. wedding).  Unfortunately I will be having only 100-125 people, so I'm nowhere close to the minimum :-(

Best wishes to you and congrats on getting such a beautiful location!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_meadows-green-bay-wi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:67d87e97-a470-4dc2-b495-7ae659d4381ePost:a7c71b71-68e3-4f30-856f-f659e016e16f">Re: "The Meadows" - Green Bay WI</a>:
    [QUOTE]i've been to the meadows for a work seminar through aurora baycare in the past...the food was decent..service was fine too.. nothing too remarkable..but then again, work event...  :)
    Posted by lwogsland[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!  I still have plenty of time before I need to book the place, but I'm hoping to get as many opinions as possible before hand.  I really haven't heard much about the place.  We just looked at The Meadows on a whim since it's not to far from our house now.  We were previously looking at Stadium View but then moved from the West side to the East side.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ken is the guy at Riverside.....I am living in Eagle River right now, so I have been doing a lot on the phone and he was so nice!  
    I think the smaller room is very pretty as well! It is almost a little more modern with the lighting they have in there.  What is your wedding date? If we had the same, we could just crash eachothers weddings lol!
     Where are you doing your ceremony??
    Mine is at St John the Evangelist Catholic church downtown. It is the oldest fully running church in the state...super pretty!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_meadows-green-bay-wi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:67d87e97-a470-4dc2-b495-7ae659d4381ePost:01573beb-0024-4b4b-a6d9-af662b69d446">Re: "The Meadows" - Green Bay WI</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ken is the guy at Riverside.....I am living in Eagle River right now, so I have been doing a lot on the phone and he was so nice!   I think the smaller room is very pretty as well! It is almost a little more modern with the lighting they have in there.  What is your wedding date? If we had the same, we could just crash eachothers weddings lol!  Where are you doing your ceremony?? Mine is at St John the Evangelist Catholic church downtown. It is the oldest fully running church in the state...super pretty!
    Posted by KatieD212[/QUOTE]

oh my gosh - I think we need a knottie GTG!  :-)  I belong to St. John's - it really is beautiful.  Unfortunately the preist is going to another congregation.  Also, my fiance doesn't really like my church so we need to find one that we both like.  We are planning a December 3rd, 2011 wedding. 

I know - it's a long time away. One of my best friends and my sister are getting married this year.  With their two weddings, I've already got lots of wedding stuff going on. So I postponed mine to 2011.  I just don't have enough vacation time for everything - ha ha

Are you from Green Bay originally?  I'm from Laona (if you follow 32 till it ends - that's Laona.)  I spent a lot of time in Three Lakes growing up because my great grandpa lived there.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!!
    Crazy! I say lets get together sometime! I grew up in Green Bay, my parents live near the GB campus.  I live in Sugar Camp technically right now, so pretty much Three Lakes!  My FI graduated from Three Lakes.
     I am in GB for the weekend looking at more wedding stuff! I definetly know where Laona is....drive downb 32 occassionally :)
    I am sad about Father Blair leaving...he baptised our son, and I was excited to have him marry us as well ( I dont go to church much, so I felt good kinda knowing him) But I found a video online about him leaving and the new guy, who is younger and seems real nice as well!
    edited December 2011
    I live near the GB Campus - right off of 54/57 - not too far from Highland Howies!  Let me know next time you are in GB and we will plan something.

I'm sad about Father Blair leaving too - I tried quite a few different churches with my Dad before we went to St. Johns.  Father Blair was the first person that I felt like he was actually talking to me.  And it was the first mass I had been to that didin't make me feel like I was a terrible person that was going straight to hell - ha ha.

My fiance and I are going to try out Holy Cross off of Bay Settlement.  It's not that far from our house.  We don't go to church very often either - we are kinda of chri-ster catholics lately (Christmas and Easter).  His parents, and my dad, are very very catholic.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents are a mile or so from highland howies!!! ahhh!!! I would say lets do this weekend, but we are crazy busy. I will let you know next time!
  • edited December 2011
    Another suggestion for you...Tundra Lodge? Our wedding reception is there!  They go above & beyond to make you happy! You get to meet your chef that will be preparing dinner for you the evening of your reception and their food is AMAZING.  Lots of options too :-)  Our wedding is around 300 give or take so we took advantage of the grand ballroom but they do have a smaller ballroom downstairs that is very pretty aswell. :-)  I don't believe they have a person minimum either.  They have great bride & groom perks too that are included in your wedding package :-) Something to consider :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_meadows-green-bay-wi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:67d87e97-a470-4dc2-b495-7ae659d4381ePost:29801663-8b81-45f9-a2cf-651c3695500a">Re: "The Meadows" - Green Bay WI</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another suggestion for you...Tundra Lodge? Our wedding reception is there!  They go above & beyond to make you happy! You get to meet your chef that will be preparing dinner for you the evening of your reception and their food is AMAZING.  Lots of options too :-)  Our wedding is around 300 give or take so we took advantage of the grand ballroom but they do have a smaller ballroom downstairs that is very pretty aswell. :-)  I don't believe they have a person minimum either.  They have great bride & groom perks too that are included in your wedding package :-) Something to consider :)
    Posted by becomingmrandmrs2011[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion - I've requested some info from them  :-)  We had a Christmas Party there one year - the food was really good!  Thanks for the suggestion and the info!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_meadows-green-bay-wi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:67d87e97-a470-4dc2-b495-7ae659d4381ePost:d3ff1c95-e946-402f-a500-b0079bda998d">Re: "The Meadows" - Green Bay WI</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents are a mile or so from highland howies!!! ahhh!!! I would say lets do this weekend, but we are crazy busy. I will let you know next time!
    Posted by KatieD212[/QUOTE]

Definately let me know next time you are in town - we can grab a drink at Howies - ha ha.  I'm literally less than a mile from there.  Your parents are probably in my subdivision! what a small world!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards