Retro and Vintage Weddings

OMG I'm getting so much done!

INVITES:  I was going to DIY my own invites, and went to Michaels and a couple other craft stores in the US to try to find some blank invitations, and there was only junk.  As in, the invites weren't blank at all--some had intertwining hearts on the front, others borders.  bleh I was so disappointed, 'cause I only had those three days to try and find something before coming back to Japan.

So, instead I decided to make an alchemy bid on etsy.com with a quote within my budget.  I got over 15 responses, and I think I have decided on one now!  I'm designing the invites with her, and I really think she's going to do a fantastic job.  I'm over the moon!  I'm about to pay them, so that is an official CHECK!  I'm going to be spending just a little over my DIY project would have been for NONE of the work (and I'm still within my budget!)  Yipee!

FLOWERS:  I've emailed four florists in the area of my wedding, and so far I've checked one off the list (poor communication skills).  All the other three seem great, though!  So I sent them my very strict budget and my bouquet inspirations.  I've already heard back again from one of them since I emailed just yesterday.  And their ideas are fantastic!  I may have a check here!

DIY PROJECTS:  I've started the corsages, and the cake stands (check out profile for my ideas).

AND SOME BAD NEWS?:  It definitely looks like it's going to be too cold for my outdoor ceremony.  Which means I'll be married inside a gorgeous chapel built in the early 20s instead.  Why is this bad news?  the inside is all red.  I mean, the floor, the pew seats, the altar curtains, everything!  Red red red.  And me without a touch of red in my wedding at all.  Theres too much to cover up.  I'm afraid the bright purples and pinks are going to look dreadful. 

OH WELL!  I'M GETTING MARRIED!  :D
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: OMG I'm getting so much done!

• LUCKY! I wish i could say the same :( And you even live in another country. I am so shamed......LOL

• Are you kidding me??  You've done so much!  It was you who gave me the inspiration to make the corsages (wristlets) for the ladies!  Yours turned out so cute!
    Our Wedding Website
  • Great checks!
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • congrats on the checks,can't wait to see your invites!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes! Awesome checks! I am having the darndest time trying do my invites! Ahhhhhh! I'm waiting for my florist to call me for the price of the add-ons for my DIY rose bouquets. I just want the price of some darn fiddleheads! The wristlets sound really amazing. I just made some really cute boutonnieres for practice. They took about 20-30 minutes each, but I was watching a movie after the baby went to sleep so it was great down time. My cake is um, not even close to being picked out at this point. The red church....ouch! I like red, but I would feel the same way too. The good thing is that you ARE getting married! Congrats on having so many good things happening. :)
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • I was thinking of getting an aisle runner so that... at least my entrance into the church can be photographed without red.  Ideas?
    Our Wedding Website
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards