Colorado-Denver

outdoor locations - simple and elegant

Hi!!

I just got engaged a week ago and have started looking around for locations.  We'd like to do it near Denver since we have a lot of family flying it and are interested in an outdoor wedding.  However, I'm not too into the massive all-inclusive packages that a lot of places offer.  Any suggestions for simple yet elegant outdoor locations?  Farm/barn suggestions would be cool too.  Thanks!!

Re: outdoor locations - simple and elegant

• edited December 2011
    We're using Hudson Gardens & Event Center in Littleton, CO. It's gorgeous!
    Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Richards Hart Estate in Wheat Ridge.  Google it.  It's beautiful, outdoors, and affordable!  Like you, I wasn't into the one-stop wedding packages and this is NOT that!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Richards-Hart. That's one I am considering. I'm also looking into Mt. Vernon Country Club, Kevin Taylor's @ the Opera House, and Wild Basin Lodge.

Just FYI, I am on a pretty tight budget, so most of those are what I consider to be budget-friendly. Hudson Gardens is gorgeous, but too expensive for us.
  • edited December 2011
    Planet Bluegrass in Lyons is really cool, we got married at Lionscrest Manor in Lyons. It was great for us but it might be too formal for you.
    JuneFlowers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know you said denver, but the lodge in cathedral pines sounds a lot like what you are looking for.  it is in north colorado springs.
  • edited December 2011
    Some farm/barn suggestions would be Denver Botanic Gardens @ Chatfield and The Meadows at Marshdale in Evergreen.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards