Nebraska
Options

Florist Cost

We have having a limited amount of flowers at the wedding (standard bouquets, boutineers and two large arrangements for the ceremony site).  We told the florist that we want few flowers on the tables and that we are willing to use less expensive flowers (carnations, etc.).  They are setting up the centerpieces and have to deliver to two different towns (20 minutes apart).  The cost came back in at $7,000, which seems extreme to me.  Any thoughts??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florist Cost

• Options
    wishonastar01wishonastar01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  That seems really really high!! I gave my florist similar directions with a budget of $1100 and he said it wouldn't be a problem.  Also, I said no carnations, tons of greenery, etc.  Where are you getting married?  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoa. I'm not a florist so I can't say for sure, but that does seem extremely steep! I'd probably ask for an itemized estimate, so you can see what they'd be charging for what in particular!

wedding & portrait photographer in lincoln, nebraska ~ emphasizing genuine emotion & spontaneous expression ~ http://www.nikkimoorephotography.com ~ 402-882-1066
  • Options
    Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhm...that's ridiculous. I'm not having flowers at my reception, so I don't know her pricing for reception decor (although considering her prices on bouquets and such, I'm sure it's just as good) but I'm currently using all red roses and getting:

-My Bouquert (2 dozen roses)
    -6 BM bouquets (1 dozen roses each)
    -5 corsages
    -10 bouts
    -1 toss bouquet
    -3 gallon size zip lock bags of loose petals

for $310 from Fleur De Lis Concepts located out of Eagle, NE. Brandie is amazing to work with and her prices are the best I've found around the Omaha/Lincoln area. If you're anywhere around here, definitely check her out and see what kind of prices she'd quote you. She doesn't charge a delivery fee if you're within 45-50 miles of her home.

http://www.fleurdelisconcepts.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It seems like (from the info you gave) that I had similar requests. I got a quote from Fleur de lis Concepts (outside of Lincoln) and was quoted all of this for about $1100......

My $1100 quote included:
    1 Bridal bouquet
    8 BM bouquet
    18 bouts
    8 corsages
    1 toss bouquet
    30 centerpieces
    6 large centerpieces (for head table)

I think your quote is WAY too high - may want to shop around a bit.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took my list of needed items and favorite flowers to another florist in town and she quoted me $750.00, so it confirms that the first florists was way out in left field with her estimate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a florist and the first quote was outrageous - especially for carns.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did flowers for 8 years, and agree with labdp-- that is an outrageous price!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards