Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Tuxedo Rentals

We are trying to decide where to get tuxedos for and Im wondering if anyone can give me any feedback. We live in Iowa City so arent too familiar with the vendors in the QC (where we are gettng married). We talked to someone at Mens Warehouse and I couldnt believe how expensive it was. Duckys and Skeffingtons seem to have much more reasonable prices. Anyone have any experience with either of these places?  Thanks for any help
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuxedo Rentals

• Options
    Ducky's does a good job fitting and has a good selection.  My family has used them in the past and had good experiences.  I'll be using them for my wedding.
  • Options
    I'm a fan of Ducky's - if anything goes wrong with a tux, I know they go above and beyond to make it right.
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Options
    Duckys is wonderful! They have everything in stock, nothing is ordered, so they do measurements and get everything fitting perfectly when you originally go in, but they will also suggest the guys try everything on beore they wak out the door the day they pick it up.

We had a small wedding party so the only thing we got from them was my husbands suit. We had everything fitting perfect when we ordered, about a month before the wedding. We picked up the Suit the day before and were in a hurry and dididn't want to waste the time to try it on, but luckily he did. The pants in the bag were way too short. I dont know if they put the wrong size in, or someone screwed up there numbers on the original fitting (i surely know he didnt shrink 4 inches in the month before the wedding) but as soon as they saw the pants, in minutes they had brought him 3 other pairs to make sure they got it right!

I have heard of alot of people having issues with Mens wearhouse, they order everything in, so if something gets ordered in the wrong size or color, there is no last minute fix for it.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    We used Skeffington's for our wedding but DH has also gotten tuxes from Ducky's for other weddings.

Both places were great and very reasonably priced.  At Skeffington's, DH's tux was free, but that may be the norm for most places.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards