Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First Dance

Hi Ladies!
My Fiance and I are having the WORST time deciding on out first dance song. We want something that is sentimental, is a classic song and is not to weddingish...any suggestions?? Your imput would be GREATLY appreciated
Wedding Countdown Ticker Marcy

Re: First Dance

• jillbrock86jillbrock86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am right there with you.  My wedding is in 60 days and we don't have a song yet--AHH!  It's hard to find a classic song that isn't totally cliche or on the other hand, isn't too dated.  (I'm assuming you mean "classic" in the The Way You Look Tonight/At Last/Unforgettable sense of the word.)

Right now, my front runner is "Time After Time" by Chet Baker.  His voice is a bit more gentle than Sinatra and the other crooners, and the words are very simple and sweet.

See video:

Good luck!
    Caroline
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Caroline! I listened to it and it is beautiful. I need to play it for my fiance now and see what he thinks! Good luck with all of your final planning and ENJOY every minute of your special day
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, we had a hard time as well. We eventually chose Van Morrison's Crazy Love, but other contenders were:
    Come Away with Me...Norah Jones
    You and Me....Lifehouse
    You Send Me....Sam Cooke (oldies doo-wop song)
    My Planning Website Tied The Knot on 12-4-10! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I'm just glad to know that other have had the same issue! I really thought that this decision would be one of the easiest, but I was mistaken!!! And Caroline, I want to thank you...my fiance lactually liked time after time! He still wants to think bout it and explore all of our options, but it is on the list. Please keep the suggestions coming! Thanks

• dsteingartdsteingart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're leaning towards Chantal Kreviazuk "Feels Like Home" but still trying to decide between  that one and "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton

Feels Like Home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjky7v7JIow
    Mrs. Forster :) TTC since March 2011. BFP Sept 6/12, Blood test confirmation Sept 21/12 EED May 14/13 Natural Miscarriage Oct 6/12 8w3d
  • edited December 2011
    We are probably going with "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait.  Love it!
    We were thinking about going with an older classic song at first, but this one kinda has a classic feel to it and a new song, so it hasn't been overused yet..lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acvIVA9-FMQ
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Wonderful World?

One of my favourites that we might use is All I Know by Garfunkel.  Sooo pretty, and simple.
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used LOVE by Nat King Cole.  It was short and sweet!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    It's country, but ours is "Then" by Brad Paisley. I absolutely love the song and it has been one of "our" songs since it came out. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with Klynn13.. Brad Paisley's "Then" was/is our's too. Couldn't be a more perfect song, but again, it's got to be meaningful to you.

It's Your Love by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill is also beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    "Love Will Keep us Alive" by The Eagles is what we're using, but I love "It's Your Love" by Tim and Faith.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We are using "You won't ever be lonely" by Andy Griggs, no idea if its been used a lot for weddings, but I love it
  • edited December 2011

On my way home last night I decided, and he agreed, that our first dance will either be Blue October - Calling You or Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars. We're not really much of the dancing type so we need something slow. Because we're not the dancing type, we're going to leave the ceremony to Black Eyed Peas - I Got A Feeling, otherwise I'd make that our first dance.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm loving all of these ideas ladies! you are really helping me to compile a list! Please keep them coming....This is the only thing that he is being picky about so I feel that I need to give him this one!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards